PDA

View Full Version : Fuji HVLP Problem

Alexander Prikhodko
03-30-2012, 11:35 PM
I recently acquired a Fuji MiniMite 4 HVLP system, and after a couple of uses I noticed that the gravity cup started leaking. After a quick phone call to Fuji, they have graciously sent me a re-designed replacement lid for the cup. Thanks Fuji!

The new lid has so far been completely leak proof. However, I have noticed that with the new lid, the gravity cup is much more pressurized then with the old leaky lid. Perhaps because of this, when I depress the trigger half way, not far enough for the finish to start spraying-out, a little bit of finish is sprayed out from the gun anyway. This little bit of finish (water for testing purposes) is sprayed-out only for a split second, and in less than a second the gun is spraying clean air.

For experimental purposes, I removed the clear tube that pressurizes the cup, and was unable to duplicate the problem; the gun always sprayed clean air without a hint of the finish being mixed in. When I re-attached the clear tube, after a few trigger pulls, and after the cup was pressurized, the problem came back. At this point I am thinking that the new lid allows for a much higher degree of pressurization, which could be pushing a little bit of finish into the gun, resulting in this issue.

Does anyone have a Fuji XPC HVLP Gun with the Gravity cup and the new lid, and can verify the behavior I am experiencing?

Thanks in advance.

Geoffrey Frey
03-31-2012, 10:22 PM
It's been awhile since I've had to call Fuji, but I believe his name is Paul. He has helped me a lot with any questions I have had with my system. My Fuji system predates anything they have on their site and he has got me up and going after a quick phone call.

John Coloccia
03-31-2012, 10:41 PM
Where is the finish coming out? It can't be at the needle because that's fully seated when you pull the trigger halfway. Something is leaking.

One you figure it out, toss out that stupid cup and switch to DeKups. You have no idea what you're missing until you use the DeKups system.

Mike Goetzke
04-01-2012, 10:06 AM
I recently acquired a Fuji MiniMite 4 HVLP system, and after a couple of uses I noticed that the gravity cup started leaking. After a quick phone call to Fuji, they have graciously sent me a re-designed replacement lid for the cup. Thanks Fuji!

The new lid has so far been completely leak proof. However, I have noticed that with the new lid, the gravity cup is much more pressurized then with the old leaky lid. Perhaps because of this, when I depress the trigger half way, not far enough for the finish to start spraying-out, a little bit of finish is sprayed out from the gun anyway. This little bit of finish (water for testing purposes) is sprayed-out only for a split second, and in less than a second the gun is spraying clean air.

For experimental purposes, I removed the clear tube that pressurizes the cup, and was unable to duplicate the problem; the gun always sprayed clean air without a hint of the finish being mixed in. When I re-attached the clear tube, after a few trigger pulls, and after the cup was pressurized, the problem came back. At this point I am thinking that the new lid allows for a much higher degree of pressurization, which could be pushing a little bit of finish into the gun, resulting in this issue.

Does anyone have a Fuji XPC HVLP Gun with the Gravity cup and the new lid, and can verify the behavior I am experiencing?

Thanks in advance.

Hey - I have that gun. Can you give more details on the redesigned lid? My gun only leaks at the lid if it isn't completely clean. From your description seems like your old lid leaked all of the time. Also, seems to me your needle valve isn't seating properly. Do you have another air-cap/needle set to try?

Mike