PDA

View Full Version : Epilog and extra lines

matthew knott
03-30-2012, 9:55 AM
228294this is turned 90 deg , the extra lines run along the x axsis!!

Having a problem with our ext36, we get extra lines appearing, looks like the laser is not switching off at the right time. It happends randomly and i have moved it around the bed and it still happes, i have cleaned the encoder strip and also the sensor that runs along it, it only happens when we have a thin line, on all the text everyting is fine. Anyone have any ideas !! I hate this machine, i would happily swap it for a chinese machine (i mean that to).
Cheers Guys

Martin Boekers
03-30-2012, 11:06 AM
228294this is turned 90 deg , the extra lines run along the x axsis!!

I hate this machine, i would happily swap it for a chinese machine (i mean that to).
Cheers Guys

If you weren't so far away, I 'd buy a Chinese machine and swap you! I have 2 EXT's and am on the verge of
buying a third.

Are you running a 64 or 32 bit system? I have heard of all sorts of issues with the 64 bit.

I have had something similar to this happen when I left guide showing on the file, not often but every
once in a while.

Did you try rotataing the file and see if it still happens? Check the view (wireframe mode) and make sure nothing is hiding
in the file.

Let us know if you find the solution.

Dan Hintz
03-30-2012, 11:07 AM
At first I thought it was the tickle needing adjustment, but the placement of those lines appears too odd for that... I'd lean more towards bad memory in that case.

Greg Bednar
03-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Matthew - can you post the file here please so we can take a look at it?

Oh - and the EXT is probably pissed off because you failed to include it in your signature.:)

matthew knott
03-30-2012, 2:24 PM
I will post up the file, i dont think its the file as these lines are not always in the same place but always run from a box edge to letter, also not 100% sure but i think it does it randomly ie it will mark a few ok, then it doesnt, also i have seen it do it before and when the laser gets "stuck on" it stays on until it hits the next bit of marking. I also just tried turing the mark 90deg and it fixed it for the box but then i got extra lines in the text i have on the plate.
Its a weird one!!
I will add it to my signature now to see if it helps any :)

Rangarajan Saravana kumar
04-02-2012, 3:43 AM
Are you using same computer for the marking and epilog as well, if so driver could be interrupting... try with a dift computer and see
because, last week when we installed our laser marking in the same computer which we use for epilog, the laser was giving different engraving... then we changed to dift computer and now nope

Regards,
Saravanakumar

waleed Soliman
05-22-2012, 6:14 AM
Matthew try to do the following
1- updte to the last firmware
2- update your driver
3- if you are using USB try to connect your mchine via ethernet
4- try to change the used PC with another one (32 bit)
We noticed some issues with the 64 bit but all solved
FOR your info the EXT machine is a great machine
Check the working area in your settings
we faced a problem like this with 64 bit driver when the work space was adjusted to 900 x 600 mm the problem happend when changed to 36"x24" problem solved i think the problem will be solved in the next firmware

John Johnson 2
05-22-2012, 12:32 PM
If you are engraving a polygon then the polygon is not closed. The software doesn't know what to do with an open polygon. A CNC does the same, it will happily drill a hole into space if the model is not watertight. The easiest way to check if it is closed (If you are using CorelDraw, is to try to colorfill the polygon (if you can - its closed, if you can't - its open)

matthew knott
05-22-2012, 3:27 PM
Is defo a closed polygon, its not just this file and it doesnt always do it in the same place! whats odd is on larger filled areas its fine, 8mm high text characters and above we dont see it, i will try a different PC,and stick new drivers on it! We are running XP so its not a 64bit issue (cant see how). It seems like the laser fire bit is getting latched on if its old on for a short duration. Ive been forced to use the Galvo co2 which is much quicker anyway but its a shames as other than this niggle it would be working a treat.
Thanks for all the tips guys!!

Richard Rumancik
05-23-2012, 10:22 AM
At first I thought it was the tickle needing adjustment, but the placement of those lines appears too odd for that... I'd lean more towards bad memory in that case.

I wouldn't rule out tickle though - Matthew, is there a procedure for adjusting tickle on this laser? If so reduce the tickle a bit and see what happens.

matthew knott
05-23-2012, 12:54 PM
I wouldn't rule out tickle though - Matthew, is there a procedure for adjusting tickle on this laser? If so reduce the tickle a bit and see what happens.

Havent got a clue ! Probably is, i will have a look in the manual and see. The main problem is we dont use it much, and i keep forgeting its not working right till its time to use it :(

matthew knott
05-23-2012, 4:00 PM
well i tried putting the latest driver/firmware on and so far so good, its hasnt done it yet :) its was a bit random before and i havent given it a good run yet, but fingers crossed it will last and it was just corupted firmwear !! cheers guys

Mark Ross
05-24-2012, 11:10 AM
We have seen this issue randomly as well, where we run the same pattern and during the day it would do it randomly. Epilog told us to swap the motherboard but would not guarantee that was the problem and if it popped up again like 6 months later, they would not refund our money based on a bad diagnosis. We connected via ethernet and the problem went away which was weird. So we bought a short highly sheilded USB cable for use in industrial / medical settings, and the problem has not resurfaced in almost a year. Its weird how the memory was corrupting.