PDA

View Full Version : accuride final adjustment

Norb Quella
03-26-2005, 1:52 PM
Hi:

I have been reading the mail for some time and am impressed with the friendliness and quality of of information on Saw Mill Creek.

I have finally decided to become part of the group and have a question.

I am using accuride 3832 slides on the kitchen cabinets I am building and have a question about final adjustment of these slides. Do you adjust the depth of the slide to allow the slide to stop drawer closure and let the overlay drawer front to slightly float off the face frame or adjust the depth of the slide to allow the overlay drawer front pads to stop closure. The cabinets are face frame with overlay drawer fronts and doors. The instructions are rather vague on adjustment.

Norb

John Lucas
03-26-2005, 2:05 PM
If I recall, you set the slides 1/8" into tthe opening and this becomess the stop. Some rubber bumpers can be added to make the closure softer.

Sam Blasco
03-26-2005, 4:11 PM
3832s work best almost flush. I usually set them about 1mm back. This will allow the closure feature to engage fully, even with a 1/8" bumper. Only install the front screw that allows for front to back adjustment and the one in the back that allows you to adjust the back up and down. Don't install the other screws until after you have installed the cabinets in their final resting place. This will allow you to adjust for any twist or slight level problems you couldn't quite conquer while you were swearing at your walls and floor. Once you have tweeked everything nice, then install the remaining set screws. Some Accurides now also come with a nifty cam adjustment on the drawer carcass glide, that can make some of the above advice near moot.