PDA

View Full Version : +1 for Bosch Customer Service

Greg Scull
03-29-2012, 10:31 AM
I know its been talked about before but I wanted to say it again :)

I have a Bosch 1617 evs router that someone lovely purchased for me back in 2002-2004 say 8-10 years ago. It sat for years waiting for me to start woodworking.

Over the last two years it has been a great router. I mounted it under my TS wing and went to town w/ MDF and messed up the switch. Worked fine when under the saw but since its my only router it does double duty.

well, I called Bosch yesterday and they are sending me a new power switch. Free switch, free shipping.

Support like that is the type of thing that will cause me to look twice at their products when making my next WW purchase.

Thanks Bosch.

Harold Burrell
03-29-2012, 1:32 PM
Wow! That is pretty cool.

michael case
03-29-2012, 10:36 PM
Bosch has always been good for me - I never even had to call customer service.

Sid Matheny
03-29-2012, 11:51 PM
They sent me a new switch for my 5 year old 1617 EVS a couple of years ago at no charge.

Sid

Brian Brightwell
03-30-2012, 1:42 PM
I have a 4inch belt sander. The armature went bad. Just wouldn't run one day. So I sent it to Bosch repair station. They sent it back with a note " bad armature and parts no longer available."
Well a friend works at a cabinet shop and he had their Bosch representative look at it. He said that's not that old and got me a new armature. Thank You very much.
Sense then I have become a Milwaukee costumer.

"
'