PDA

View Full Version : Photo engraving on a Trotec Speedy 300

Bob Rath
03-27-2012, 4:50 PM
Does anyone have a good set of instructions for photo engraving on a Trotec? I have opened a new document in Corel Draw, imported a photo and converted it into a bitmap, then converted it as a grayscale image (all within Corel Draw). When I perform the Print function and move it to the Trotec Job Control software, it presents on the job preview screen (and the main Plate) as just a black box and not the grayscale picture. Also, the lasering seems to just laser as a black box.

Secondly, once I get this issue figured out,........ does anyone have a suggested starting point for power/ speed settings for a 45watt machine on a basic white ceramic tile?

Thanks

Mike Null
03-27-2012, 5:36 PM
Bob

After fooling with this a bit I think you may need to change the process mode to "layer" then send the job. Again, I do few photos so I'm grasping at straws here.

Scott Shepherd
03-27-2012, 9:34 PM
You might also check to make sure "Halftone" is turned off (or on). I can't recall which one, but I think the checkbox should be checked. That might very well be the problem. I haven't had that exact problem, but with that halftone thing on or off (can't recall which one it is), it does does really odd things. In this case, from logic, I'm thinking you have it on (or off) and what it does it make everything solid black. So the grays are solid black, the blacks are black, everything is solid black.

Try that and report back. We'll get it sorted out.

Martin Boekers
03-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Make sure that the bitmap image isn't a PNG as those create many issues.

A bit confused on why you converted to a bitmap, then converted to greyscale?

Scott Shepherd
03-28-2012, 12:12 PM
I did check this. You have to have the box that says "Halftone Off" checked. If it's not, you'll get a solid black square.

Hope that helps.