PDA

View Full Version : 1/4 Acrylic Mount for Foscam FI810W

Greg Bednar
03-27-2012, 3:00 PM
This is a camera mount for a Foscam FI810W Wired/Wirless PT camera. I made it to mount to the slotted angle iron from which my garage door opener is attached. It allows the camera to be mounted below and away from the opener motor without interfering with maintenance on the opener should it be required.

I used 1/4" clear cell cast acrylic; it looks like the camera is levitating because you can't see the mount very well. Use acrylic color and type of your choosing; adjusting power settings as per your laser reccommendations.

It also allows the camera to be mounted low enough to enable vision outside when the garage door is raised.

I hope this simple design is helpful. It will save someone somewhere some time and works well with this sub $100.00 PT IP Camera.

I also posted this on Thingiverse DOT com

Frank Corker
03-27-2012, 4:48 PM
Nice job Greg. I think I'll get one of those. I might even go as far as getting a garage to fit it in.

George M. Perzel
03-29-2012, 2:46 PM
Greg;
So this is because you need evidence the next time she roars into the garage and forgets to use the brakes?!!
Neat job, tho bro
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Greg Bednar
03-29-2012, 4:39 PM
Actually, I must confess it is I who sometimes am a little light on the brakes. I destroyed a gas grill once at my other home.

These cams are great for the price, each one is set up to monitor a particular door, window, or other entry way. Upon motion detection, it send a series of still pictures to my cell phone of who entered. I can log on from my cell phone and control the camera pan and tilt, and even listen to audio in the room(s); they each have speakers so I can even talk to the person in the room if I want to. - I have a user id and password set up for the police so they can look as well at any cam in the house they want to , and the whole time, all the cameras can upload their separate video feeds to a remote server for recording.

The bracket was just a little something for others since this is fast becoming a popular IP camera. The neighbors love them.

And thanks for the comment George.