PDA

View Full Version : Amazon & Jet DC

Curt Harms
04-27-2003, 6:07 PM
HELP!! I'm looking at the Jet DC 1200 or Grizzly 1029. They look similar, Jet may have a better motor. I'll try a cartridge filter like Bill Pentz did on a Jet DC 1100 posted a few days ago.

The price on Amazon is $399. Another site has what appears to be an identical model for $299. Amazon does have price matching, I know. I have an online gift certificate for Amazon. My understanding from Amazon's site is that I can't do a price match thing and use a gift certificate too. Anyone have any insight?

Thanks for any tips

Curt Harms

Stan Smith
04-27-2003, 6:09 PM
Try toolseeker.com for price comparisons. I discovered that amazon sometimes is quite higher in price recently.

Dan Stuewe
04-28-2003, 12:06 PM
I'm getting a digital camera for my wife and I've been doing a lot of web research. While amazon's price is better than at the local stores, I found several on-line sites selling it for even less. Anyway, I checked amazon's price match policy, and it clearly states that they do not price match at this time...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/468502/qid=1051545783/sr=1-3/103-9375019-8832640

Anyway, good luck. Toolseeker can be pretty helpful.

Jim Izat
04-28-2003, 12:41 PM
and looked at the Jet DC's. I found this on the page.

<b><font color = red>Lowest Prices Guaranteed: If you find a lower price on this item, we'll beat it by 10% of the difference. </font>

<font color=green> Jim Izat </b></font>

Dan Stuewe
04-28-2003, 12:55 PM
I would have prefered to buy the camera through amazon, but I couldn't wait for them to lower their price. Oh well, looks like they price match on a case by case basis.

Stan Smith
04-28-2003, 1:08 PM
I recently read the fine print on amazon's price match policy. It says that it does not include items on the web and unless the competitor has a "brick & mortar" store. I think they are counting on guys like me who will go with a cheaper price rather than try to save 10% after the paperwork. There are other things in the fine print that indicate, IMHO, it ain't as simple as it sez. I do buy stuff on amazon, though, if they have a good price.

Jim Becker
04-28-2003, 1:35 PM
Please note that there are several different versions of DCs from Jet that carry the "DC1200" name. Be sure you are comparing the exact same version.

Charles McKinley
04-29-2003, 11:51 AM
Don't forget to factor in shipping cost. I have used the free shipping and rarly is it as slow as they say it is. Also no sales tax,at least in PA. I still support my local stores if the price is close.