PDA

View Full Version : Future Home of House & Shop

Scott Coffelt
03-26-2005, 12:06 AM
I decided to take a few pics of the 2 acres that I bought to build a new house and shop on before the vegitation started growing and the bulldozers do their thing.

I have a small stream that flows through the middle.

Bill Arnold
03-26-2005, 4:26 AM
I decided to take a few pics of the 2 acres that I bought to build a new house and shop on before the vegitation started growing and the bulldozers do their thing.

I have a small stream that flows through the middle.

Scott,

I believe this falls into the 'Gloat' category for sure!!!

Congratulations!

Randy Moore
03-26-2005, 7:50 AM
Scott,

That does definitely belong in the gloat categorey. Now you have made me envious and going to have to start looking for some land. How many acres do you have? You lucky dog you.

Randy

Tom Pritchard
03-26-2005, 8:23 AM
Scott, your new property looks wonderful! I know how exciting it is finding a place like that and seeing your dream begin to unfold before you! We purchased some land a little over a year ago, and it is a wonderful feeling to have the privlage of owning something so special. I sure hope you continue to keep us up to date on the home and shop progress, I can't wait to see it! Congratulations, and the best of luck to you Scott.

Doug Shepard
03-26-2005, 8:29 AM
WOW. 2 Acres!! That ought to be just about right for the shop. Where you gonna put the house?:D

You're a lucky man.:)

Ken Fitzgerald
03-26-2005, 9:34 AM
Congrats Scott! It'll be an exciting time with a lot of big and somewhat scary decisions to make but.........FUN! Enjoy the process!

Scott Coffelt
03-26-2005, 10:25 AM
Yea,

Its really exciting and with a little anxiety. We bought this in September of last year, have spent the time since getting a plan we liked and all the other stuff. If all goes as planned, I'll be able to show some pics within 2-3 weeks with bull dozers. As mentioned in another post, I hope to salvage some lumber out of the big trees that have to be removed. I'll also be looking ofr a tree service that will much up a good bit of the other for use along the creek and areas away form the house. I'll also be making my own cabinets, so a bunch of work for me.

We'll see.

Roy Wall
03-26-2005, 10:40 AM
Whereabouts in town ---?

Maybe I can give you some "grunt work" this summer!!!

Jerry Olexa
03-26-2005, 3:24 PM
Looks Great!! Bet you're excited!! I remember when I bought my raw land for the cabin, the anticipation I had for what was ahead!! Enjoy it!!

Scott Coffelt
03-26-2005, 10:14 PM
Roy,

It's in Shawnee. My land backs up to Shawnee Mission Pkwy, just West of I-435. 6422 Gladstone to be specific. I will probably chop up some wood to save for turning blanks, I will be more than happy to share some for those that visit me this summer.

Steve Clardy
03-27-2005, 12:44 PM
Looks like fun Scott. You going two story or basement? Projected shop size?
Steve

Scott Coffelt
03-27-2005, 7:32 PM
Steve,

A reverse story and half, we'll have two bedrooms upstairs and effectively 3 in the lower area. The lot fits perfectly for a nice walk out with 10 foot basement walls.

Shop will be 28x36 w/10ft ceilings, limited by codes and mula. But it will suit me fine. The exteriors will be stucco with low maintenance where-ever I can do it. The shop will have a one-car garage door and a few windows and a standard entry door. I think I'll have good ventilation and also hopefully will not lose to much AC/Heat.

All walls are 2x6.

Steve Clardy
03-27-2005, 7:49 PM
Sounds great Scott. Your new shop will be huge compared to your old one.

Scott Coffelt
03-28-2005, 10:14 AM
That's fer sure.... a nice up grade for 300 sqft.