PDA

View Full Version : Nice surprise!

David Reed
03-26-2012, 1:16 PM
Well, not really a complete surprise as I was expecting a package from John Keeton. After returning from being out of town for a couple months, I unearthed this USPS shipping box buried beneath a mountain of mail on my desk at the hospital. (they just don't ask any more 'what's in the box?')
John sent me this terrific buffet of "selections from the shop of JK".
Haven't had time to even think much about their destiny as yet but a lovely selection of that mythical and much adored Claro Walnut sprinkled with a bit of Cherry and spalted Maple.
These are some spectacular looking and sized pieces of Walnut.
Thank you very much JK.
Hoping I can do them justice - time will tell.
p.s. sorry about the cell phone pics. My camera ceased functioning while traveling - fortunately still under warranty. (Gotta get it in the mail today)

Steve Busey
03-26-2012, 1:35 PM
Great looking gloat, David. Looks like there are some great forms in there just waiting to get out!

Baxter Smith
03-26-2012, 3:26 PM
Thats a great way to be welcomed home!

John Keeton
03-26-2012, 4:39 PM
I sure hope David completes the adoption papers on those Claro blocks!!! They are like family members to me!:D

David, this pales in comparison to the nice BLM burl you sent me. I have no doubt you will work wonders with this stuff.

Steve Schlumpf
03-26-2012, 6:55 PM
David - congrats! Looking forward to seeing what you turn out of all this!! Have fun!

Bernie Weishapl
03-26-2012, 9:52 PM
John gave up some Claro??:eek::eek: What is the world coming to.:rolleyes:;)

Congrat on a great gloat.