PDA

View Full Version : Need a tool supplier

Bobby Hatfield
03-25-2012, 3:58 PM
I am in need of a supplier in USA, preferably online, for tools for my horizontal slot machine. I have attached a photo of the dull tool I want to replace, a sharpening service that has a sharpening machine that could do the job is my second choice, but, I want a better quality tool than is supplied by the machine company (Rojek).

Brian Kent
03-25-2012, 4:21 PM
I found a bunch of possible answers by googling "Horizontal Slot Mortiser Bit". Best of luck to you.

Rick Lizek
03-26-2012, 2:43 AM
It's called an oscillating mortise bit at Morris Wood Tooling but we find two flute HSS end mills for aluminum are better and cheaper. See www.use-enco.com or www.wttool.com...based on 30 years of horizontal slot mortiser use.

Scott Kuykendall
03-26-2012, 8:46 AM
http://www.morriswoodtool.com/Tooling-Misc.htm

Jeff Duncan
03-26-2012, 9:29 AM
Yours are called a birds mouth bit....for obvious reasons;) They're supposed to be pretty good for mortising. I however prefer end mills as I find they do a very nice job for very short money. I buy 4 flute, center cutting, roughing, mills from MSC as they're the bets bang for the buck IMHO. Depending on what woods your working with you may be able to get by with an even less expensive alternative....but for hard woods like maple and oak I like the one's I described.

good luck,
JeffD