PDA

View Full Version : Shenhui SH-G690 and USB

Jimmy Phillips
03-25-2012, 1:06 PM
I have been playing with my 690 for a couple of weeks now and love it.

I had a few issues such as some loose screws, but nothing major, except one annoyance!

Every time I turn the machine on I have to lower the right cover plate, unplug the USB from the white controller box and then plug it back in for the PC to recognize the laser.

If you try to unplug the USB from the outside of the laser or from the back of the PC and re-plug, it does not work. I.e. no ding sound from PC seeing USB connected device.

Tried refreshing in Device Manager, tried refreshing in RDCAM, etc. Nothing work except unplugging from white box and the re-plugging back into white box. Sometimes takes multiple times.

I may try a shorter USB capable then the one supplied by Shenhui.

I also tried switching the USB cables to the white box from left to right and plugging the outside USB into where the USB thumb drive would go. No luck.

If I plug the outside capable directly into the white box, i.e. leave the panel down, then it also works no problems.

I think there must be some kind of interference or USB length issue going on.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys,

Jimmy

Steven Cox
03-25-2012, 5:29 PM
I had that on my machine too... very annoying, I think its a contact issue with the el cheapo external plug. My fix was to chop out a couple of the grills in the side panel so I could pass the USB cable through it and disconnect the external plug from the board then plug the cable direct into the board. The machine now recognises the PC every time.