PDA

View Full Version : Computor program support

Nancy Brown
03-25-2012, 12:07 PM
I am new to this and learning my Epilog engraver. I have a general question about the computor program. They recomment using Corel however I am wondering if other programs do just as well and are easier to operate. any comments??

Tony Lenkic
03-25-2012, 12:34 PM
There are other programs but they will cost 3X plus.
Corel is pretty much what most members here are using and will help newcomers in learning process or will recommend Laser University.

Martin Boekers
03-25-2012, 1:29 PM
Corel is the standard in this industry. Sign up on their web site as they have sales all the time for software.

The Corel suite has a lot for the money and is invaluable. There are many tutorials on YouTube to help
with learning the program.

Larry Bratton
03-25-2012, 1:36 PM
Nancy,
You should know that the hardest part of getting the most from your laser is the use of the application software. In order to do cutting, you have to have a program that will produce a vector line at hairline size. Corel Draw is your best bet for general use. There are lots of tutorials and videos out there on it's use. It does a fairly steep learning curve, especially if you have not used this type of software before. That being said though, your as well off with Corel at this stage as anything else. Adobe Illustrator is an alternate but it is a lot more money and there are some free programs, but again, from an ease of use standpoint, Corel is the best IMO. Good luck with your new Epilog.

I am new to this and learning my Epilog engraver. I have a general question about the computor program. They recomment using Corel however I am wondering if other programs do just as well and are easier to operate. any comments??