PDA

View Full Version : Shipping replacement parts from China to US

Eric Ucci
03-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Hello All,
So I have my 2 new machines and I've been spending my spare time setting them up. As I work my way through the machines, there is a growing list of parts that that I neglected to include in the original PI, were on the PI but weren't shipped, or are damaged in their current state and will need to be replaced. Thankfully, I followed the advice of the members here and have plenty of spares so its not slowing me down. Also, I am not complaining at all, and I don't want this to become a cheap vs expensive debate. I'm thoroughly enjoying working my way through the machines (much to my wife's annoyance ;)) and changing out parts where necessary and overall fine tuning. From a mechanical standpoint, I'll know these machines inside and out by the time I'm done.

Once I get both machines up and running I'll want to put in a comprehensive order to Shenhui for all of these parts. This may included a rather large 150w reci tube (the box for just the tube is 71"x14"x13"). I'm wondering how the shipping/customs/etc. process works with replacement parts. Will I have to go the same process (which included charges for load-unload fee, duty, exam services, inland freight, isf filing, ocean freight, outport services, single entry bond)? I'm wondering if there is an expedited process for replacement parts. Also, how is Shenhui with replacing parts that arrive damaged?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Eric

George M. Perzel
03-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Eric;
Sounds like you have a mixed bag of part issues-some not ordered, some ordered but not shipped, and warranty items. This will complicate discussions with Shenhui and best that you keep them separate when talking with them. At the end you will have a bunch of parts that need to be sent to the USA. Assuming there aree no heavy parts (compressors, tables, etc.) make sure they ship them to you via air freight using TNT and marked as WARRANTY REPLACEMENT PARTS, even if you have to pay part of the freight charge. This eliminates any customs paperwork, inspection fee, etc-at least it did for two shipments sent to me from Shenhui. Both arrived within 2 days of leaving China. No fees of any kind were paid by me for either shipment.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts