PDA

View Full Version : Trent Bosch Demo in Minnesota

Jeff Fagen
03-24-2012, 7:38 PM
I just returned from the Trent Bosch Demonstration put on by the Minnesota Woodturners Association.
What a delightful and information packed demo by a true artist in wood.
I attended with three other members of the Chippewa Valley Woodturners Guild and ran into a couple of Minnesota Creekers that I knew.
Trent showed some of his secrets on turning and carving to make such turnings as his blooming vessel and carved leaf platter.
He was a great sport with answering questions didn't waste time giving as much as he could fit in the time.
Oh and of course there is a tool gloat,I bought a set of his fine hollowing tools:D it was a wonderful time topped off by a trip to Woodcraft of Minnesota....mini gloat bag of goodies!:cool:

Baxter Smith
03-24-2012, 7:55 PM
Great pics. You must have come away with some interesting ideas Jeff!

Greg Just
03-24-2012, 8:05 PM
Jeff:

I was there today too and didn't see notice you. There was a good turnout for a good show put on by Trent. One of the better demos sponsored by the club and you couldn't beat the price - Free!

Jeff Fagen
03-24-2012, 8:27 PM
I did see you there Greg I guess things were moving a little fast for visiting.
We met at the Symposium Creeker dinner last year.
I'm the big guy with the funny mustache.:)

Doug W Swanson
03-24-2012, 9:29 PM
Trent really does a nice demo. I saw him at the Symposium last year and was excited to see him again today. Trent showed how he does the 'Vessel of Illusion' and a carved platter. He's very personable and does a great job of explaining what he's doing and why he's doing it. I would recommend seeing him if you have the chance.

I also bought a set of hollowing tools. I did not get a handle but I plan on using them in the articulated hollowing tool I'm just finishing up.

Greg Just
03-24-2012, 10:51 PM
I did see you there Greg I guess things were moving a little fast for visiting.
We met at the Symposium Creeker dinner last year.
I'm the big guy with the funny mustache.:)

Jeff:

I remember meeting you last summer - wish we could have connected again. Maybe next time.

Greg

Steve Schlumpf
03-25-2012, 12:04 AM
Looks like that would have been quite the demo to attend! Looking forward to seeing some carved work before too long!! Glad everyone had fun! Thanks for the photos!