PDA

View Full Version : Explorer x-axis motor fail

Alexander James
03-24-2012, 3:16 PM
Hi all

My explorer II x-axis motor failed today. I have lots of work to do, tight deadlines. Presently I am trying to contact Signwarehouse to order one ASAP but i'm getting no response. Does anyone no where I can quickly get an x-axis motor for this machine? It's a 2005 GCC Explorer Laser engraver purchased at Signwarehouse.

I am desperate!

Thanks
Alex

Gary Hair
03-24-2012, 3:23 PM
Check with LaserProNA, they are responsive and, best of all, they are NOT signwhorehouse

www.laserprona.com

Alexander James
03-24-2012, 3:36 PM
Thank you Gary...I'll check

Alex

Tony Lenkic
03-24-2012, 6:42 PM
best of all, they are NOT signwhorehouse

Gary, that's brutal.... but you made me laugh.

Gary Hair
03-24-2012, 9:31 PM
oops, did I spell that wrong? Maybe my spellcheck isn't working right...

Steven Cox
03-25-2012, 2:08 AM
@ Alex
This may or may not help, I don't have a GCC but I found these guys helpful in replacing a couple of parts in my machine. I just sent them some pics of the parts I needed and they were able to match it and get me going fast, price wise, I think they were more that reasonable too. I've also been able to identify a lot of the other electronic parts in my machine from their online catalogue. Whilst they are in Australia their web site details some USA distributors oceancontrols.com.au

Other than that you might be able to get a part number off your cactus motor and search online, that's how I originally found ocean controls.
Hope this helps.

@ Gary

oops, did I spell that wrong? Maybe my spellcheck isn't working right...

If they are anyting like their counterparts here in Oz, then No you spelt it correctly.

Rodne Gold
03-25-2012, 7:14 AM
Why not try GCC direct , they in Taiwan , can get it in aussie chop-chop. Maybe they will even tell you if a replacement part (generic) exists.
In the meantime , this may get you going , prize off the black cover of the motor GENTLY , you will see an optical disc and a reader ,clean em with a soft brush , reasemble and give it a whirl.

Alexander James
03-27-2012, 9:57 AM
Thanks to all for your assistance...especially to Gary...this forum proves to be an invaluable resource over and over. I contacted Kurt at Laserprona...he was very responsive.. I should have the motor by tomorrow.

Rodney...I did try opening the motor...i realised the problem was bearings went bad (i may have been able to change them). However, while removing the back cover, the encoder wheel was accidentally damaged. Eventhough it,s a bit late (or rather i ventured too early)...your advice on 'GENTLY removing the back cover' shows the depth of your experience and the value of your contributions especially to DIYs.