PDA

View Full Version : Cyclones in So. Calif

Jim McCarty
03-25-2005, 6:51 PM
I'm in the process of trying to decide which cyclone to buy. The brands I'm considering at this point in time are: Oneida, Woodsucker, and a Bill Pentz designed unit (Clearvue, etc.). Before I buy I would really like to see and hear each one as I'm concerned about too much noise and I would like to see the fit and finish and get first hand opinions if possible. Does anyone have one of these units that I could check out (would most likely have to be on a weekend)? I live in Orange County but would be willing to drive to your home or shop to see it. Thanks in advance. Jim

Mark Singer
03-25-2005, 7:18 PM
Jim,

I live in Laguna and have the Oneida 2 HP....You are welcome to PM and let me know what works for you,

Jay Albrandt
03-25-2005, 10:34 PM
Hello,

I live in San Diego and built the Bill Pentz design. Let me know if you are interested.

Jay

jayalbrandt@hotmail.com

Hal Hanevik
03-27-2005, 12:25 PM
based on your review, could you please post your decision/results on the great cyclone hunt... I need to make this step, but can't seem to make the hard choices and any input would be most appreciated!!
thanks so much!
Hal

Jim McCarty
03-27-2005, 3:57 PM
based on your review, could you please post your decision/results on the great cyclone hunt... I need to make this step, but can't seem to make the hard choices and any input would be most appreciated!!
thanks so much!
Hal
I haven't made any headway on the selection process yet. I'll be glad to keep the list posted on whatever thoughts develop. I have to come to grips with the fact that I'm going to have to spend some real $ to get a real system. I have a cyclone already that I built and it is built ahead of my 2 hp import system. It uses 4" flex hose and works quite well, actually. I want to take the next step and add an overhead collection point to my table saw. I'm not sure that the 2 hp unit would be enough. I tried to load a picture of my current system, but I keep getting a message that my file is too large. I'll try again later. Jim