PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about getting a G0690 or a G1023RL any perferences?

Stephen Saar
03-23-2012, 11:25 PM
***EDIT***

Ignore this post. I just realized someone posted an almost identical post a couple days ago so this is redundant

***EDIT***

I'm looking to replace my current zip code Craftsman Hybrid saw with a Grizzly G0690 saw or G1023RL (the ones with the 30" fence). My current saw has a 50" fence and I have never actually used the full length, and I can't realisiticlly see any reason to ever need a cutting width that wide. Usually if I'm dealing with something that large that I can't push with my miter gauge I just use my track saw. So I figured the extra floor space would be nice.

The main reasons I want to replace my current saw are that it doesn't have cast iron extensions which I really want and it doesn't have a riving knife which I also really want.

Are there any pros or cons to each one? I looked at the specs and they seem very similar. The G0690 costs a little more and weighs a little more so I assume it might be slightly better built. Or for that matter are there other saws in this price range that you would get instead?

Please note that this is in the $1400 range, so suggestions for a euro/saw stop saw that "only" costs $3000 put it out of range. For $3000 I'd rather have a slider, yes I realize it won't be as well made as the euro/saw stop, but for the money I'll take the difference in quality.

Thanks.

-Stephen