PDA

View Full Version : stupid cell phones

ray hampton
03-22-2012, 8:42 PM
cell phones are nothing but trouble , first it was no cell on the airplane , then no cell at doctor office/hospital, next one was no texting while driving, but this is the best one NO CELL PHONES while walking because nobody can walk a straight path while talking , one young woman were walking with her family while talking on the cell and walk off the pier, the police were witness to the whole thing

Ron Jones near Indy
03-22-2012, 9:52 PM
cell phones are nothing but trouble , first it was no cell on the airplane , then no cell at doctor office/hospital, next one was no texting while driving, but this is the best one NO CELL PHONES while walking because nobody can walk a straight path while talking , one young woman were walking with her family while talking on the cell and walk off the pier, the police were witness to the whole thing

If we are referencing the same woman, the report I saw said she was walking and texting--not just talking--when she walked off the pier. Not quite the same thing.

Bill Cunningham
03-22-2012, 10:01 PM
Won't happen to me! I have a Smart Phone..:D

ray hampton
03-22-2012, 10:12 PM
If we are referencing the same woman, the report I saw said she was walking and texting--not just talking--when she walked off the pier. Not quite the same thing.

did the report that you saw mentioned a person falling down the steps ? about the talking versus the texting, I am not sure until I see report again

ray hampton
03-22-2012, 10:16 PM
Won't happen to me! I have a Smart Phone..:D

the story mention a smart phone that could warn you when to sidestep to the right or left so as to avoid falling,
the story did issued a WARNING and advise the cell using to lean against a building for support while you are on the cell phone

Bryan Morgan
03-23-2012, 12:32 AM

Every once in awhile Darwin will give someone a test. Sometimes they fail. I have no problems with this. :)

ray hampton
03-23-2012, 1:48 PM
Bryan, the report mentioned that about 40 % of the people fail the test and would walk into things while using a cell phone, someone need to perform a test study about the people walking a straight line in total darkness

glenn bradley
03-23-2012, 5:53 PM
Anyone ever see that poster; "the Cowboy after OSHA"?

ray hampton
03-23-2012, 6:02 PM
Anyone ever see that poster; "the Cowboy after OSHA"?

do this poster got something to do with driving while texting ?

Dan Hintz
03-24-2012, 8:24 AM
Every once in awhile Darwin will give someone a test. Sometimes they fail. I have no problems with this. :)

Virtual star for you, Bryan...

Ryan Mooney
03-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Anyone ever see that poster; "the Cowboy after OSHA"?do this poster got something to do with driving while texting ?

Ok that poster is funny. There is a whole collection of them: http://nationalsafety.wordpress.com/2009/07/28/osha-cowboy-osha-bullrider-osha-santa-osha-streaker-and-more…/ (http://nationalsafety.wordpress.com/2009/07/28/osha-cowboy-osha-bullrider-osha-santa-osha-streaker-and-more%E2%80%A6/)

More Riding without reining than texting while driving.

Greg Peterson
03-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Guess the pier wasn't long enough.

Bill Huber
03-24-2012, 12:51 PM
I know some people that cannot walk and chew gum and the same time, I don't know what would happen if they were texting.

ray hampton
03-24-2012, 1:30 PM
sending a text message while driving or walking will get easy when someone comes out with a cell phone that will tell the user the letter or number of each key when your finger tip touch it

Scott Shepherd
03-24-2012, 1:46 PM
sending a text message while driving or walking will get easy when someone comes out with a cell phone that will tell the user the letter or number of each key when your finger tip touch it

No need, you can speak text messages and send them. No need to type or touch anything to send a text. It'll read them to you as well.

Van Huskey
03-24-2012, 2:28 PM
Bryan, the report mentioned that about 40 % of the people fail the test and would walk into things while using a cell phone, someone need to perform a test study about the people walking a straight line in total darkness

Mythbusters did. Bottom line without visual or auditory cues we can't walk in a straight line, not even close over any distance.

Van Huskey
03-24-2012, 2:28 PM
Guess the pier wasn't long enough.

Or the text wasn't short enough.

Greg Peterson
03-24-2012, 9:24 PM
Or the text wasn't short enough.

Perhaps the text told her to take a long walk on a short pier.

Douglas Clark
03-24-2012, 11:44 PM
I guess the more humble part of myself is willing to admit that I'm probably a little more typical of my generation than I'd like to be (which is too say, I'm using my iPhone way too much) But this...hmmm. And, being a westerner I'm a bit confused. Do most of the piers at Lake Michigan not have side rails. I mean recreational docks are one thing, but where I'm from most piers are fairly large and have substantial rails. Were there no rails, or was she moving so fast that she fell right over it? Anyhow, I'm with the Darwin's test folks... Evolutionary test subject #375,672,111...FAIL!

ray hampton
03-25-2012, 3:45 PM
No need, you can speak text messages and send them. No need to type or touch anything to send a text. It'll read them to you as well.

why do someone steal every idea that I think of ?, on the serious side , a voice operate cell phone will permit some people to text while they are driving and they can keep their eyes on the traffic in front of them

ray hampton
03-25-2012, 3:47 PM
I guess the more humble part of myself is willing to admit that I'm probably a little more typical of my generation than I'd like to be (which is too say, I'm using my iPhone way too much) But this...hmmm. And, being a westerner I'm a bit confused. Do most of the piers at Lake Michigan not have side rails. I mean recreational docks are one thing, but where I'm from most piers are fairly large and have substantial rails. Were there no rails, or was she moving so fast that she fell right over it? Anyhow, I'm with the Darwin's test folks... Evolutionary test subject #375,672,111...FAIL!

she were walking on cloud nine and walk right over the rail

Jim Matthews
03-26-2012, 5:52 PM
I wonder if there's a correlation between texting and getting rear ended at green lights.

As if driving with idiots wasn't exciting enough...now they don't even look up through the windshield while crossing intersections.

jim
wpt, ma