PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a sign "slide"

Martin Boekers
03-22-2012, 4:46 PM
I'm know this is the wrong area, but there never seems to be much action in the sign forum.
If it needs to be moved please do so, just wanted to get exposure as many in the engraving forum do signs.

I am looking to find a supplier for these. So many different systems out there, it get hard to track things down!

Thanks in advance

Gary Hair
03-22-2012, 5:20 PM
I would bet that either JDS or Johnson Plastics carries something similar.

Martin Boekers
03-22-2012, 5:42 PM
Thanks Gary already checked with those manufacterers. So many systems are proprietary.
There used to be a company that prisoners made this type of signage, but I can remember
their name. I have bought from them years ago to match existing signage. It lost
in my mind somewhere...:)

Scott Shepherd
03-22-2012, 5:55 PM
I've not seen it before, but it looks like something from 290signs.com. I can't find it on their site, but it's not a low end cheapy, I don't think. It's a nice looking slider.

Martin Boekers
03-22-2012, 6:03 PM
Thanks Scott actually I think that is the company I purchased from in the past.
It may even be discountinued, but I'll email them a photo and maybe I can get
an answer.

Thanks for the input!

Dave Gates
03-22-2012, 6:59 PM
Try checking out JRS. They make a lot of slides holders.

Joe Pelonio
03-22-2012, 9:37 PM
Those are no problem to make from scratch, I have done them many times. The simplest version was done by cutting the laminate slightly wider than the acrylic backing, say 2" Rowmark and 1.75" acrylic, 1/8" or 1/4". Then the sliding part is the same laminate, mounted on a plastic profile that I got from Outwater, glued on the back side to fit nicely over the protruding edges. You could also just use a standard wall mount engraved sign holder for the back of the slider.

mike klein
03-23-2012, 8:58 AM
I made some for our local hospital using ADA acrylic materials. The reason I used the ADA material because its a solid color, unlike the standard engraving material which the substrate would be different color than the cap. For the lettering I use Oracal white vinyl.

Mike227824227825