PDA

View Full Version : Greene and Greene plans sought - Gamble House Dining Room table

Scott T Smith
03-21-2012, 10:14 AM
Can anybody advise me where I can find some detailed plans/drawings for the Greene and Green dining room table that is in the Gamble House? I've found several photo's of it, but no plans.

I have several of the G&G books, but none that I have contain the plans for this particular table.

Thx.

Scott

Bob Lang
03-21-2012, 10:56 AM
Not that I'm aware of. My drawings of the Robinson Table are probably as close as you'll get for drawings. David Mathias' book has some of the best detail photos.

Bob Lang

Scott T Smith
03-21-2012, 1:35 PM
Bob, thanks for chiming in. I have your book (a couple of them actually, and enjoy the both - thanks for writing them!), as well as David Mattias's Poems of Wood and Light book (the Gambel table is on the cover), and also Darrell Peart's book Design Elements for the Workshop.

It looks like Darrell has built one of these tables, but I'm having a hard time finding drawings/plans.

Of all of the G&G tables, I like the appearance of the Gambel House dining table the best.

Neil Bosdet
03-21-2012, 1:47 PM
Have you tried to contact Darrell? I've contacted him before and found him very nice and helpful.

Bob Lang
03-21-2012, 1:57 PM
There is a Yahoo group for Greene & Greene, and Darrell is the moderator. Lots of knowledgeable folks there. That is a great table, and a very ambitious project.

Bob Lang

Jerry Thompson
03-21-2012, 2:41 PM
Give this a try.
http://craftsmanplans.com/GreeneAndGreene.htm

Mac McQuinn
03-21-2012, 4:15 PM
I have a older Magazine with an excellent article by Michael McGlynn on building a Dining room table inspired by the G&G "Robinson" Table. Looks well proportioned and the article is well detailed. PM me if you're interested.
Mac

jerry theros
03-21-2012, 6:36 PM
I have a book put out by woodworkers journal, called "Craftsman Furniture Projects" They have a section on building the Robinson table by mike McGlynn. I don't know if this helps. good luck

Scott T Smith
03-21-2012, 7:13 PM
Guys, thanks for the suggestions. The Robinson table is a bit different than the Gamble one, and I have Bob Lang's drawings for it.

Bob, that Yahoo group is a great link! Thanks much for sharing.

Neil, I have not tried contactin Darrell; that will be my next step.

Thanks all.

Scott

Larry Edgerton
03-21-2012, 7:37 PM
Greene & Greene
Furniture and related designs
Randell L. Mackinson

I have that book but can not find it, may be in storage. I have another of his books here, Greene & Greene, the Passion and the Legacy by Mackinson that has a good picture but the furniture specific would be more help.

I love Greene and Greene houses and have always hoped that someone comes around with enough money to pay me to build one. Hasn't happened so far......

Larry