PDA

View Full Version : Fine Woodworking Live

Richard Wolf
03-18-2012, 8:30 PM
I know it may be early, but is anyone thinking about going to the Fine Woodworking Live event in New Paltz, NY, in August?
http://www.finewoodworkinglive.com/

Alan Lightstone
03-18-2012, 11:40 PM
I'm planning on going. It's a two-fer for me. It's my SWMBO's alma mater.

James White
03-19-2012, 8:51 AM
Why is this being considered off topic. It is about woodworking.

James

John Shuk
03-19-2012, 8:52 AM
I'm planning on going. It's a two-fer for me. It's my SWMBO's alma mater.
I will be going now that I know about it. My wife and I lived in New Paltz while my wife was going to school. I only moved further south to make for a better commute. If you can make it be sure to save a few hours to see the surrounding area. Lots of natural wonders to be seen as well as Huguenot Street which is the oldest street in our nation.
We should try for a Creeker Meet at The Gilded Otter Brewery or a small cookout at Minnewaska State Park.

John Shuk
03-19-2012, 8:57 AM
OK. I just looked at the price and dates. I may be on vacation that week and for that kind of money I'm happy to hear what others saw when they attended! If I am not away then I would still like to meet some Creekers for a beer or a cookout.

Don Orr
03-30-2012, 2:48 PM
I'm thinking about it. Probably can't get the time off that week. Kind of pricey what with meals and lodging. My wife and I were just in New Paltz last weekend. Did a little hiking in Minnewaska State Park and had an early dinner at the Gilded Otter. I can tell you that the Super 8 Motel there is decent, clean, and affordable.