PDA

View Full Version : The start of a new project

Anthony Whitesell
03-18-2012, 6:23 PM
My MIL has built my daughter a doll house. The current thought is to put the house on a cart with some drawers that can be rolled out so the doll house can be played with from front and back. Home Depot has some nice cabinet ply from Chile (7 or 9 layer ply wood that is nicer than their regular stuff but you siltll have to pick through the pile a little). I don't want to deal with edge banding, so I was thinking of using the lock miter bit on the edges. When using the but to form a unrevealed edge, the reference edge is slightly removed. The instructions suggest to use a coping sled. Any thoughts on a 3-4 foot long coping sled? Or other method to use the lock miter bit on a long edge.

frank shic
03-18-2012, 6:59 PM
those things are finicky to set up and that's a pretty long length you're trying to feed through the bit. i'd rather take my chances with the edge banding especially because there's subtle variation in plywood in depth. would hate to think how quickly the glue from the plywood would dull that router bit too.

Richard Wolf
03-18-2012, 7:34 PM
I think banding it with solid wood and a round over edge would be so much easier and avoid that sharp edge for little hands.