PDA

View Full Version : The sound of kid joy ............

Paul McGaha
03-18-2012, 4:33 PM
The good humor ice cream truck is in the neighborhood.

Man, the kids get excited. Too much fun.

PHM

Bruce Page
03-18-2012, 6:08 PM
I agree, the kids love it! It's still a litte cool, they haven't been around here yet.

Van Huskey
03-18-2012, 6:27 PM
Funny enough the sound of an ice cream truck is the sound of frustration to me. When I was a kid we had a long driveway and although we were kinda in a neighborhood the houses were pretty far apart. By the time I heard the truck, begged the money and sprinted to the road it was usually gone... :( Even when my mom would leave "ice cream money" on the counter I still rarely made it. Final solution: keep ice cream sandwiches etc in the freezer, could only have them when the truck came around, even more frustrating...

Lee Schierer
03-18-2012, 6:42 PM
The good humor ice cream truck is in the neighborhood.

Man, the kids get excited. Too much fun.

PHM

So what flavor did you buy??? :D

Jim Koepke
03-18-2012, 8:13 PM
My driveway is at least a hundred yards to the road. The population in my area is shown as 50/square mile.

We don't have the pleasure of ice cream al fresco from the truck around here.

The closest we get is a food vendor that sometimes stops in an open lot and gives away ice cream sandwiches to promote their home delivery food. I know his name. Most likely when he remembers mine it will be no more free bees.

jtk

Paul McGaha
03-18-2012, 8:16 PM
So what flavor did you buy??? :D

They brought me back an ice cream sandwich.

:):).

PHM

Belinda Barfield
03-19-2012, 9:32 AM
We've had the ice cream truck pulling through our parking lot at work for about two weeks now. I'd be surprised if he's back this week because he hasn't made a sale yet.