PDA

View Full Version : chisel and bit set for hollow chisel mortiser?

chris toomey
03-24-2005, 9:56 PM
anyone have any advice for purchasing hollow chisel and bit sets for a hollow chisel mortiser? i have a shop fox hcm and it only came with 1/2 inch bit. i have old chisels from a delta drill press mortising attachment that would work, but the drill bits aren't long enough. i'm having trouble locating them. ideally i'd like to just purchase the longer drill bits so i could use the chisels i already have. any advice....? thanks................

Jeff Sudmeier
03-25-2005, 8:32 AM
You may try calling the manufacturers of the chisels. In this case delta. Just ask them if you can buy just the drill bits. It may end up costing you more than a whole new set, which in that case it would be worth buying the set and having an extra set of just the chisels.

Mark Singer
03-25-2005, 8:41 AM
They all seem pretty good! The Delta or Jet imports work fine....I run a sharpener on them occasiomallly

chris toomey
03-25-2005, 12:19 PM
thanks guys. i just ordered the shop fox set from grizzly. i actually overlooked them in the catalog. set of 4 for 36 bucks....cheaper than trying to piece stuff together. thanks again

Byron Trantham
03-25-2005, 12:58 PM
They all seem pretty good! The Delta or Jet imports work fine....I run a sharpener on them occasiomallly

Mark,
What do you use to sharpen them? Just curious.