PDA

View Full Version : A creeker makes TV!! Congrats, JD!

John Keeton
03-16-2012, 8:33 PM
Our very own JD Combs gets interviewed on TV!! Check out this link - http://www.wtvq.com/content/kybackroads/story/Marketing-Tradition/4NJTcnX4qkuP1Z7EQf6tXg.cspx

Congrats JD, on getting some press!

Jon McElwain
03-16-2012, 8:58 PM
Fantastic! Way to go J.D.!!

Josh Bowman
03-16-2012, 9:02 PM
That was a very nice piece done by the news. Great job JD.

Roger Chandler
03-16-2012, 9:21 PM
Can I have your autograph JD? :D

Nate Davey
03-16-2012, 9:34 PM
Way to go JD

Dick Mahany
03-16-2012, 9:41 PM
Now that was great ! Congrats JD.

Baxter Smith
03-16-2012, 9:44 PM
Very neat clip! Nice job JD!

Bernie Weishapl
03-16-2012, 9:55 PM
Congrats JD. Now that was cool.

Jeff Fagen
03-16-2012, 10:02 PM
Home town boy makes good...woodturning!:)

Scott Hackler
03-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Congrats! Pretty cool!

Greg Just
03-16-2012, 10:47 PM
Great story JD.

Jim Burr
03-16-2012, 10:49 PM
Atta boy!:D;):cool:

Doug W Swanson
03-16-2012, 11:12 PM
Cool deal, JD. Congrats!

Sid Matheny
03-16-2012, 11:28 PM
You get an Atta boy from this old Tennessee boy too!

Sid

Steve Schlumpf
03-16-2012, 11:36 PM
That was really cool! Congrats JD! Glad to see you get the recognition!!

Bill Wyko
03-17-2012, 12:33 AM
That's awesome! Congratulations, you deserve it.

Rick Markham
03-17-2012, 2:32 AM
Too cool!!! Congrats JD! Your shop was nice and clean, did JK swing by to inspect before the news crew came? :D

Kathy Marshall
03-17-2012, 3:54 AM
Congrats JD!

Steven Green
03-17-2012, 3:59 AM
Nice spot JD, congrats on the exposure. Nice when one of our own does well.

charlie knighton
03-17-2012, 7:00 AM
big time, going Hollywood, congrats J.D.

John Terefenko
03-17-2012, 10:09 AM
I too would like to congratulate you on the spot. That is pretty cool. It is ashame that the craft erra has just about disapeared. It is good to see towns such as this and others trying to keep the made by hand spirit alive. We in NJ used to have a few outlets such as this that worked on consignment and there were crafters of all walks of life. I shown in the store for many years until the owners decided to pack it in because the world wanted that cheap China garbage. I got into crafts and woodworking because I loved to go to shows and just be amazed at the quality and imagination of fellow crafters. To me there is nothing more enjoyable than making or owning a well made hand produced piece of art. Lets keep the spirit alive and thanks JD for doing that. Nice work.

Bill Bolen
03-17-2012, 11:13 AM
WTG JD! A star is born! Enjoyed the clip and feel like I know you a bit better. BTW you are prettier in the vid than your mug shot here:)

James Combs
03-17-2012, 1:56 PM
For everyone and especially those I don't answer directly, thanks for your gracious comments.

Our very own JD Combs gets interviewed on TV!! Check out this link - http://www.wtvq.com/content/kybackroads/story/Marketing-Tradition/4NJTcnX4qkuP1Z7EQf6tXg.cspx
Congrats JD, on getting some press!
John, thanks for posting this. Now it won't looks so much like a gloat. :D

Can I have your autograph JD? :D
Sure Roger, no problem, be glad to. How about I sign the side of your green monster, just truck it by here this afternoon and I will bless it with my initials. Get here in the next hour and I will sign it with my full name.:rolleyes::D

Home town boy makes good...woodturning!:)
Jeff, don't know about the "makes good" part but I do have fun.;)

Too cool!!! Congrats JD! Your shop was nice and clean, did JK swing by to inspect before the news crew came? :D
Yeah he threatened not to post the link if I didn't have it cleaned up.:eek::rolleyes:

Nice spot JD, congrats on the exposure. Nice when one of our own does well.
Steven I'll let you and everyone no if the exposure gets me anymore sales.;)

big time, going Hollywood, congrats J.D.
Charlie it may not be exactly Hollywood but I guess it is my so called few minutes of fame, however by my reckoning I should have about 13+ more minutes coming.:D

I too would like to congratulate you on the spot. That is pretty cool. It is ashame that the craft erra has just about disapeared. It is good to see towns such as this and others trying to keep the made by hand spirit alive. We in NJ used to have a few outlets such as this that worked on consignment and there were crafters of all walks of life. I shown in the store for many years until the owners decided to pack it in because the world wanted that cheap China garbage. I got into crafts and woodworking because I loved to go to shows and just be amazed at the quality and imagination of fellow crafters. To me there is nothing more enjoyable than making or owning a well made hand produced piece of art. Lets keep the spirit alive and thanks JD for doing that. Nice work.
Thanks John, I certainly plan on keeping on trying.

WTG JD! A star is born! Enjoyed the clip and feel like I know you a bit better. BTW you are prettier in the vid than your mug shot here:)
Well thanks Bill... i think!:rolleyes:

Jeff Hamilton Jr.
03-17-2012, 2:03 PM
Nice news piece JD, congrats!

Bob Lloyd
03-17-2012, 5:15 PM
Neat little clip, congrats. I hope the exposure brings you more sales.

David DeCristoforo
03-17-2012, 8:20 PM
Very Cool JD! Now... are you going to change your initials? "TV Combs"... sounds good. Look out Bobby Flay! Oh no wait... he does food... Hey, there's an idea. We could use your newly found star status to start a TV show called... something like "Iron Chef" except for turners...

Rick Markham
03-18-2012, 12:53 AM
Very Cool JD! Now... are you going to change your initials? "TV Combs"... sounds good. Look out Bobby Flay! Oh no wait... he does food... Hey, there's an idea. We could use your newly found star status to start a TV show called... something like "Iron Chef" except for turners...

Who gets to eat all the turnings? "As the Burl Turns" has a nice ring to it! I'm in :D

James Combs
03-18-2012, 1:58 PM
Neat little clip, congrats. I hope the exposure brings you more sales.
Ditto Bob.

Who gets to eat all the turnings? "As the Burl Turns" has a nice ring to it! I'm in :D
Sorry David but I think I'll go with Rick's idea.;) My wife watches those cooking shows all the time so I am kinda burned out on them.:eek::D

Jerry Rhoads
03-19-2012, 7:21 AM
That is a nice clip. Thanks for posting it John. Great job JD

Roland Martin
03-19-2012, 9:59 AM
Congrats, JD, great clip and the exposure sure can't hurt.

Dave Holmes
03-19-2012, 2:01 PM
Sounds like a retirement well spent. Congrats!