PDA

View Full Version : just my boat

Fred Voorhees
03-24-2005, 8:30 PM
You guys may remember a month or so ago that I had asked about a few items in this forum pertaining to "cleaning up" and refurbishing a used 14' aluminum boat that I had purchased. With a little work that included painting, rewiring of the trailer, a few new parts, replacing some rusted out bolts, replaced the wheel bearings, little odds and ends, etc. - - - here is the result. I had purchased this boat (believe it or not, this boat is nearly fifty years old!) and its trailer (about twenty years old) with a 7.5 hp motor, oars, four or five life jackets, the same amount of seat cushions and a danforth anchor for $500. I put maybe another $100 into it and I am ready to hit the Delaware River for some early Spring bass fishing! NOW, I just have to convince Mother Nature to cooperate! She has been a bit ornery lately.

Randy Moore
03-24-2005, 9:06 PM
Fred
Nice looking boat and trailer,:D It looks like it will take you just about anywhere you want to go.
I am wanting Mother Nature to lay off the cold so that I can get my boat out and go fishing in the midwest. I am not good at woodworking or fishing but at least I can say the fish ain't biting and still enjoy myself.
Good luck fishing.

Randy

Jim Becker
03-24-2005, 10:02 PM
Ah, excellent job! That even looks nicer than when I saw it during our visit a couple weeks ago!! Happy fishing!!

Jeff Sudmeier
03-25-2005, 8:33 AM
That is a great looking boat! When I was younger I referbed an older (40-50 year old) aluminum boat. It was very rewarding. Yours looks much better than mine did!