PDA

View Full Version : Weather

Matt Meiser
03-15-2012, 8:41 PM
I was supposed to go to my club's meeting tonight and met my wife to trade our daughter off part of the way. It was really bad in the direction I was heading so I hung out for a while and waited for it to blow over. It didn't and was getting closer so I turned around and headed home. Pulled into my driveway to see this.

Really bad thing is my parents live in that direction about 5 miles. They got a rather excited phone call from me, then called back after it dissipated to say all was OK. Sounds like there is some damage about 2 miles from us but no injuries. Up west of Ann Arbor its apparently really bad. Right in the area a friend has his shop.

Bob Lloyd
03-15-2012, 8:44 PM
Wow! Scary, glad your parents are OK.

Matt Meiser
03-15-2012, 8:48 PM
I could tell one was trying to form as I drove home. About 4 miles from home I actually stopped to watch for a minute. Then I lost sight of it as I drove the rest of the way, turned the corner into my drive and saw it.

Bob Lloyd
03-15-2012, 8:57 PM
We do not get many around here, I have never seen one, I hope I never do.

Dick Mahany
03-15-2012, 9:04 PM
Matt,

Glad things are okay. Man, that is one scarry site to behold, so close to home!

Matt Meiser
03-15-2012, 9:08 PM
Yeah, I'm getting a little sick of them. Two years ago in June a bad one went through in the town just north of us where my wife grew up. Then last year we rode out the Good Friday one in St. Louis last year from Busch Stadium.

Steve Schlumpf
03-15-2012, 9:18 PM
WOW! That is one scary photo! Glad everyone is OK!

Jim Koepke
03-15-2012, 9:30 PM
I think I prefer earthquakes to them things. Even though I was lucky to live through Loma Prieta back in 1989.

jtk

Van Huskey
03-15-2012, 9:38 PM
Great but scary pic. Glad you and yours are OK. To me they are the worst mother nature has to offer, except maybe when the top pops off a volcano.

Dave Lehnert
03-15-2012, 9:49 PM
This happened about 20 miles from me two weeks ago. As you can see, the whole town is gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y4X09NTLfM

Andrew Arndts
03-15-2012, 11:09 PM
the weather channel wants pictures might wanna send. Glad your okay. I am over in Calhoun County I could see the storm clouds to the north of me but couldn't imagine seeing that. Yikes

Mac McQuinn
03-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Matt,
Up North we had a couple come through although no loss of life, glad you received no damage, The Ultimate Cyclone!
Mac

Gordon Eyre
03-16-2012, 11:34 PM
Yikes, that doesn't look good.

Kevin Gregoire
03-17-2012, 12:26 AM
glad you and your folks are all okay! this weather sure has been crazy the past several years (email if you want to talk
crazy weather machine conspiracies with me) and i cant imagine what so many people have gone through and lost and
all the work of cleaning up the messes mother nature has made.

im in south dakota and it was 75* here today and supposed to be the same for the next week. and when did this country
ever have tornadoes in the middle of winter?

Steven Green
03-17-2012, 3:51 AM
Here is a link covering some tornado weather in Ohio. I live in the Illinois section of what we call tornado alley. Not as bad as Oklahoma but we see more than I'd like. Having them this early is pretty bad. The only thing worse is when they come after folks are in bed.
Glad you and yours are ok Matt. Keep your head up if they hit once in an area they tend to be around for the rest of the season down our way. We got hammered by three of them last spring, I'm hoping they take a sabbatical for our area this year.

Steven Green
03-17-2012, 3:51 AM
http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/weather/weather_news/winter-tornadoes-weve-seen-our-share-in-ohio Forgot the link. I need a nap