PDA

View Full Version : Lee Valley does it again!

Gordon Harner
03-15-2012, 5:15 PM
I got home from work today to find a shipping envelope from our friends at Lee Valley. In it was a "brass washer" and brass knob for the small BU smoother. I know that there have been some comments that the small plane did not have them but, they certainly do not effect the utilility. Oh, the "washer" is machined brass not stamped. WOW! thanks Rob as always over and above.

Klaus Kretschmar
03-15-2012, 5:31 PM
I'm not too surprised since it isn't the first time that Veritas does something like that. And that's another prove that this company takes a lot more care to the customer than others would do. My conclusion is that you can order any tool from Veritas "blind". They'll never let you alone. I really don't know if there's another company out there, that would do the same...

Klaus

Jared McMahon
03-15-2012, 6:56 PM
A while after I placed my first order with Lee Valley for a handful of items, I got a piece of mail from them. They had subsequently lowered the price on one of the things I purchased and were sending me a refund check for the difference. I didn't know they had lowered the price, nor did I care, I bought it for a fair price and was happy to do so. But there it was, a check for a handful of dollars. It boggled me.

Bill White
03-16-2012, 1:01 PM
That's why LV is a "go-to" company. How many folks do ya know at those who peddle Craftsman stuff? Sure ain't a ROB LEE at Sears.
Bill

Tony Zaffuto
03-16-2012, 4:33 PM
I received the same envelope in my mail box today! The small BU smoother is a gem of a tool and is one of the planes that is always within reach.

As an aside, I have to mention to those of you who haven't tried one of the Veritas saws to do so. I have quite an accumulation of vintage and new saws, and the Veritas, with the molded spines, rank right up there with the best of them (I have a crosscut, and both gents models).

Don Dorn
03-16-2012, 6:17 PM
If I didn't already have a nice Stanley #3, one of those would be in the mail. I've been very happy with my two LV BU planes. Thick irons, no breaker, snap to adjust, very flat sole - very hard to argue with the logic of the BU line.

Jeff Hamilton Jr.
03-16-2012, 6:22 PM
Rob & Co. are simply amazing. It's why so many of us are customers for life!