PDA

View Full Version : A Letter from Iraq

RL Johnson
03-24-2005, 5:12 PM
I have been traveling for work and arrived home tire and worn down. Checked my mail and received this letter will really made my day and made me realize my trip was nothing.

Mr. Johnson,
My name is (name withheld). I am in the Virginia Army National Guard. In October of 2004 my unit was activated and told we were coming here to Iraq. I am currently serving as a Military Police Office in Abbu Ghraib. About a week ago I had the privilege of eating lunch with Senator Mark Warner. After our meal he handed me this ink pen. I returned to my quarters, opened the package, and read your note. In the trying times of war the soldiers that serve our great nation find confort in few things. The reassurance of patriotism is on of them. Mr. Johnson I don't know what the outcome of this war or my presence here will be. But what I do know is with the support of great people like yourself I will find it easier to continue on. Thank you Mr. Johnson for the beautiful ink pen. It will be used often. I hope this letter finds you well. God bless the U.S.A.

What a great letter to receive. I just had to share, now I need to go out and make some more pens.

Robert E Lee
03-24-2005, 5:25 PM
Great letter, may God be with him and all the rest, and send them home safely.
Nice to know they appreciate the pens. Now we'll all go turn some more. ( GOOD JOB )
Bob

Bruce Shiverdecker
03-24-2005, 6:51 PM
Here Here!

Makes it ALL worthwhile.

Bruce

Keith Outten
03-24-2005, 10:04 PM
Randy,

Brock Jones called me several weeks ago to let me know that a group of politicians from Virginia were going to Iraq and if we sent them some pens they would hand them out personally. Jackie sent 350 pens to Washington DC to the office of Senator George Allen, it is nice to see that they did indeed hand out our pens to the troops.

The letter you received is certainly heart warming, thanks for sharing it with all of us here at the Creek.

Ken Salisbury
03-25-2005, 8:26 AM
I have added this mail to the Mail From The Troops Web Page (http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/emails.htm)

http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/misc/needsyou.jpg