PDA

View Full Version : Oak pot

Dennis Ford
03-13-2012, 12:55 PM
This piece was made for a commission, it is a little different from the piece she saw and wanted. If she does not like it; I will donate it to "Beads of Courage". The wood is Post Oak burl with Walnut lid and handle. For now it has only an oil application to bring out the color. I plan to use WOP with a soft shine for the final finish (waiting to see if it needs any lettering). Comments or critiques welcome.

John Keeton
03-13-2012, 1:20 PM
Dennis, is that turquoise in the voids? Beautiful piece of wood. I probably would have preferred a smaller knob and that may have permitted lowering the bail a little. I do realize you need clearance to remove the lid. Just a thought.

Notwithstanding, it is a very well done pot.

steven carter
03-13-2012, 1:35 PM
Very nice pot! You did a good job on the feet. I like the contrasting knob and handle. How is the handle attached?

robert baccus
03-14-2012, 1:34 AM
I've seen this piece and the photo does not do it justice. the closed form needed no embellishment it was so classy.-----------old forester

Michelle Rich
03-14-2012, 6:30 AM
I like this..very cool little feet and spectacular wood. I think it's a gem

Josh Bowman
03-14-2012, 6:43 AM
Dennis, there is so much about that that I like. Like Michelle, I like the feet. Very interesting and fun to look at.

Bernie Weishapl
03-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Really nice pot Dennis. Love the wood and the feet.

Bill Bolen
03-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Lovely piece and I love the carved feet. Kinda reminds me of one of those old pots that were used to cook in an open hearth.

Baxter Smith
03-14-2012, 1:00 PM
Love the wood, the design, the feet, the metal handle, but something seems off in the top half. I think its the knob on the lid or the wood on the handle. They seem to grab my attention too much when looking at it, (at least in this picture of it). I think that is due to the size and dark color of the knob in particular. Very pretty work Dennis!

Kelvin Burton
03-15-2012, 12:28 AM
Great pot Dennis. If your buyer doesn't like it there's going to be one very happy child!!!

Steve Schlumpf
03-15-2012, 10:31 AM
Now that's nice work Dennis! Great form and I really like how you created the feet! I will agree that the knob is slightly larger than needed but if this becomes a Beads of Courage bowl... then it will work out just fine! Thanks for sharing!!