PDA

View Full Version : Lee Valley Plane event

Kevin Blunt
03-11-2012, 2:03 PM
Hello everyone,
Haven't been posting much in a while but am always lurking. I have saved up some dough and will be buying a BU Smoother, BU Jack, and Router plane all from Veritas/LV.
However, I am hoping to take advantage of the Plane events that they host in store but can't quite remember what the deals are. It is a gift card based on what you spend isn't it? Can you use it towards the purchase? I would think not?
Does anybody know when the next plane event will be?
Thanks for your help.
Kevin

Marko Milisavljevic
03-11-2012, 5:05 PM
It is a gift card, and you can use the card as part of payment for that same purchase - at least I could when buying in store. So the catch is, really, as opposed to just giving you a discount, you are paying taxes for full amount instead of discounted amount. I must admit, that annoys me a good bit.

Last plane event was in November 2011, previous to that January 2011. I doubt think anyone outside of LV head office knows when the next one will be, but when I asked LV sales people about it last week, they were guessing not before summer or fall.

Rob Lee
03-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Hi Kevin -

The store events don't follow a regular schedule, so even I can't answer when the next one is...it's just not planned yet.

The way the promotion works, is that a bonus gift card (equivalent to cash) is issued based on the purchase amount of eligible product... it is not a discount on the purchase itself.

Cheers -

Rob