PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good juicer

Jay Jolliffe
03-11-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm looking for a good juicer to do fruit & veg. Not looking to take out a loan to get it. Some I've been looking at sound just what I need until I see the price..$900+ is way too much for me to spend. Maybe 2-3 hundred ......Any help would be appreciated....

charlie knighton
03-11-2012, 12:51 PM
is this for home or commercial use ? the big box store sell multiple juicers in florida for home use, most people have orange trees or access to orange trees, then there are the grapefruit and lemon trees that come to mind

Montgomery Scott
03-11-2012, 12:51 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Champion-Commercial-Juicer-G5-PG-710-WHITE/dp/B000E48LHQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1331484598&sr=8-2

Champion will likely last a lifetime. I've had mine for ~12 years and a neighbor had one for over twenty still in use.

Van Huskey
03-11-2012, 1:26 PM
You may want to make a list of a dozen or so good ones and hit CL. Juicing is like working out, a concept that appeals to many but very few follow through for any period of time, just like work out equipment there are a lot of juicers sitting around idle.

Jay Jolliffe
03-11-2012, 3:48 PM
The juicer is for home use....

Greg Portland
03-12-2012, 5:10 PM
I'm looking for a good juicer to do fruit & veg. Not looking to take out a loan to get it. Some I've been looking at sound just what I need until I see the price..$900+ is way too much for me to spend. Maybe 2-3 hundred ......Any help would be appreciated....
The Breville 800JEXL works extremely well on fruits and veggies. My brother has used one daily for a few years now with zero complaints. If you want to juice wheat grass or leafy veggies then you'd need a different style of juicer (more of a slow grinder like the Omega).

Raymond Fries
03-12-2012, 7:15 PM
I have one of the Jaclk Lalanne machines and it works very well for me. I have this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Jack-LaLanne-JLPJB-Juicing-Machine/dp/B00067R5X2/ref=sr_1_cc_3?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1331594021&sr=1-3-catcorr

There is a stainless steel modle for a little more $$.

Bryan Morgan
03-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Omega 330. My boss swears by it. He's all into this juicing craze. Its slow so it doesn't oxygenate everything. This means you can juice stuff at night and it won't be brown the next morning. He makes all kinds of stuff with various fruits and vegatables. He brought in one the other day that was beets and apples or something. Looked like blood. Tasted ok. Definately takes getting used to.

David Weaver
03-17-2012, 11:00 PM
I personally would rather just use a vitamix and blast away at the vegetables and drink all of it, including all of the fibers. I know I will drink 3 times as many vegetables as I will eat, and I'd rather drink the pulp, too. I will usually mix the apples and oranges with vegetables so that I don't really taste the vegetables.

A vitamix isn't cheap, though, either, but it's quick to use and extremely easy to clean (and generally manufactured and serviced in the US, i believe they classify the motor as swiss, but I don't know if that has to do with a swiss motor company buying out baldor - that's a tinfoil hat guess).