PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw + Sliding Table = ???

Jared McMahon
03-11-2012, 12:41 AM
Do people out there have experience with bandsaws and sliding tables? Looks like Exaktor and Excalibur are the main after-market add-ons but most of the discussion and material about them revolves around tablesaws. Griggio has a few models with integrated sliding tables but I'm a little terrified of what they must cost.

Jim Matthews
03-11-2012, 8:34 AM
It's an interesting idea that I hadn't considered, would this primarily be used for sheet goods?

I like my band saw for the ability to cut complex curves, and a sliding table implies straight line cutting...

John Coloccia
03-11-2012, 11:13 AM
I've seen contraptions people use for resawing, but more in the form of a sled....which is noting but a sliding table on top of the fixed table. Other than that, there is little advantage to a sliding table on a bandsaw. Also, keep in mind that most bandsaw blades exit through the side, so you'd have to remove the sliding table at every change.

Van Huskey
03-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Sliding tables can be seen on a lot of bandsaw most of them are on meat cutting and metal cutting (sometimes these tables are powered) bandsaws. Laguna makes the TimberMaster sliding table but it isn't cheap. I don't have much desire for a sliding table on a bandsaw, outside cutting logs or beams it just doesn't seem worth it.