PDA

View Full Version : Hello/ Houston Woodworking Show

Ernie Nyvall
03-24-2005, 6:46 AM
This is my first post on the GW and PT forum so I just wanted to say "Howdy" and ask if any of you will be at the Houston Woodworking Show starting April 1st. I haven't decided what day I will go, but will be there at least one of them.

Ernie

Brad Schmid
03-24-2005, 9:54 AM
Hi Ernie, and Welcome!

I'll be at the show on Friday probably around 1-2pm til close. I like going on Friday's... It gives me a reason to avoid work, and is usually a bit less busy than the weekend. PM me if you decide to go that day and maybe we can meet up.

Cheers,
Brad

Silas Smith
03-24-2005, 10:33 AM
I am actually taking the day off of work and going on Friday (and probably Saturday also). This will be my first show, so I am looking forward to seeing alot of the tools I only hear about on this forum. I hope to see some other creekers there.

Carl Eyman
03-24-2005, 1:18 PM
How close is the show site to Houston Hobby airport? How is public transportation betweeen the two? It may be too late to get a decent air fare, but I'm fantasising a little. There is a flight leaving New Orleans at 6:oo am (+/-) and flights returning at 600 and 9:00, Now if my income tax return comes in . . .

Brad Schmid
03-24-2005, 1:51 PM
How close is the show site to Houston Hobby airport? How is public transportation betweeen the two? It may be too late to get a decent air fare, but I'm fantasising a little. There is a flight leaving New Orleans at 6:oo am (+/-) and flights returning at 600 and 9:00, Now if my income tax return comes in . . .

Come on over Carl! Hobby is not far at all from Reliant park (much, much closer than IAH). You could easily catch a cab from the airport and be there in probably 20 minutes or less (depending on the driver :D ).

Here's the map: http://www.reliantpark.com/parking/parking.asp
They're both on the same side of town, so you don't even need to go near the city or the worst of the traffic.

Brad

Mike Tempel
03-24-2005, 3:33 PM
I will be there on Friday and Saturday (had to take 2 days of vacation for it but hey - that's what it's for). I like to go on Friday to beat the crowds and hunt. I'll go back Saturday for the kill after checking to see if the prices are really good or not.

Hopefully my SMC hat will show before then so I can wear it to the show.

Ernie Nyvall
03-24-2005, 6:35 PM
I don't think I can make it on friday. I'll probably go saturday, but on the other hand I have talked to a couple of wood stores in the area and they have told me that there are good deals to be made late sunday when they are tired and don't want to pack everything up and take it back to the stores. Have any of you heard this?

Ernie

Todd Burch
03-25-2005, 12:22 AM
Yes, deals can be had on Sunday. My Tormek is a $50 (savings) example of that. I'll probably go on Sunday after church. I'll don the SMC hat too.