PDA

View Full Version : Lines in CorelDRAW

Joe Hillmann
03-09-2012, 1:04 PM
I am trying to figure out how to scale the width of lines in corel draw. Lets say I draw something up and have the lines .1 inches wide and once I am done I select it all and scale it up or down the line width stays at .1 instead of scaleing with the drawing. Can someone tell me how to make the line width automatically scale with the image?

Michael Hunter
03-09-2012, 1:15 PM
In the Object Properties for lines (the tab with the pen-nib), there is a box to tick - "scale with image".
This will do exactly what you want.

It is normally possible to select a completed drawing and set "scale with image" for all the lines. Sometimes though, it does not do all of them, so it is worth checking.
(Multiple selection definitely does not work properly for grouped lines).

Joe Hillmann
03-09-2012, 1:23 PM
That helps if I plan in advance before drawing the line, but it doesn't allow me to select a line that is already drawn and scale it with image. Is there anyway to do that?

Mark Sipes
03-09-2012, 1:35 PM
Nope I select a vetor image at 2" ungroup - select all - change line default to scale with image- enlarged image to 20" and checked line thickness.......all change as they should.

Joe Hillmann
03-09-2012, 1:41 PM
Just tried it again and it worked, the first image I tried it with must have had some bitmap in it because scale with image wasn't even an image when I had it all selected. Thanks for the help.

Bill Cunningham
03-09-2012, 8:18 PM
One thing you will find, if you are doing vector logos that must be engraved much smaller than normal. When you reduce the logo size, all the lines also get thinner in proportion to everything else. Once that thickness reduces to below .007 (on average) the laser will/may consider it to be a 'cut' line, and ignore it in the raster mode, and cut it if in the combination mode, which can ruin the job.. This is where exporting it to a bitmap is the only way to get a decent engraving on many small logos.. Like many other things, this was discovered the hard and expensive way..

Mike Null
03-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Bill

Some lasers have settings where you can engrave what would normally be cut lines. Trotec job control does that.