PDA

View Full Version : PATINA in Damascus MD tomorrow. Anyone been? Anyone going?

john davey
03-09-2012, 9:42 AM
Title says it all. Has anyone been to this or going this year? What can I expect if I go? I am only a half hour away so it's not a big time killer to check it out. I heard you might want to get there earlier than the advertised time for some parking lot sales. Any truth to this? Are deals/quality stuff to be had or is it just another flea market experience that can be hit or miss?

Thanks, John...

Dan Hintz
03-09-2012, 9:51 AM
Actually, the title tells me nothing more than location/time... no idea who/what PATINA is.

george wilson
03-09-2012, 9:59 AM
It is a tool collector's group. I LOVE their tool flea markets. I'd have to go there tonight and get a room to be there in the morning. Expecting company from a SMC member here tomorrow,though.

David Weaver
03-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Title says it all. Has anyone been to this or going this year? What can I expect if I go? I am only a half hour away so it's not a big time killer to check it out. I heard you might want to get there earlier than the advertised time for some parking lot sales. Any truth to this? Are deals/quality stuff to be had or is it just another flea market experience that can be hit or miss?

Thanks, John...

More than one person has told me it's one of the few places left where you can get a full range of tools in large quantities and still get good deals.

I've never been there, and i'm afraid if I go I'll get a bunch of tools I don't need (i already have a problem of excess and a lack of places to put the tools I have).

Joshua Clark
03-09-2012, 9:50 PM
I've been there several times but I won't be going this year. The parking lot tailgate is usually excellent if the weather is nice. If it rains the tailgate will be non-existant. The dealer show is always fun with everything from junk to some of the nicest tools you'll ever see. Prices are all over the place but I've managed to get some great deals there over the years. The auction is hit-or-miss. The tools are usually good but prices can be unpredictable, just like any auction. The nice thing about going to a show like this is that you get to handle and inspect the tools before you make a purchase. You also get to see a lot of tools you've never seen before.

The tailgate starts early. tomorrow's weather looks nice so I would recommend getting there early. You should probably get on the road soon, in fact! :)

Josh

Walter Plummer
03-09-2012, 10:25 PM
Here is the link to their site and info on the event with directions. I believe the tailgating starts at sunrise. A fun event. http://www.patinatools.org/