PDA

View Full Version : Versa laser vl-200 poor engraving away from origin

Donnie Fauber
03-08-2012, 11:34 PM
I recently purchased used versa laser vl-200 with HDPFO lens. It engraver well in the upper left corner, but fades away as you move away from 0,0. Obviously the red dot pointer does as well. I have leveled table to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Donnie

Rodne Gold
03-09-2012, 12:41 AM
If its not a loose lens or mirror , then it needs a beam alignment , ask the mnfgrs/agents for instructions on how to do this or get em in to do it if you don't want to DIY. I would suggest you learn , its a little fiddly for a first timer , but easily learned.

Ivan Pavletic
03-09-2012, 2:22 AM
Try this: Go to the 0,0 and watch the red dot pointer. Now lower the table and watch for the red dot movement. Move the table up. Go to the right side of table and again lower the table and look at the red pointer. If it moved left or right then you have one side of the table or the laser head tilted. I had it with Trotec. Mine was so much tilted that on the right side of the table it was visible on the right side of the head, not pointing to the lens at all! :)

Dan Hintz
03-09-2012, 6:35 AM
I recently purchased used versa laser vl-200 with HDPFO lens. It engraver well in the upper left corner, but fades away as you move away from 0,0. Obviously the red dot pointer does as well. I have leveled table to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Donnie
Another possibility... the collimator needs to be adjusted. If the collimator is not collimating the beam to one with parallel sides, you'll lose power as the carriage gets farther away from (0,0).

Donnie Fauber
03-09-2012, 7:58 AM
Wow, thanks to all for all the help, did not expect such a response. Hopefully some day I can contribute. Blessings!

Mike Mackenzie
03-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Donnie,

Do you notice this just with the HPDFO optic? This sounds like an alignment problem but it could be the HPDFO optics as well. Also make sure that the laser tube is correctly mounted and secured.

With the VL systems you need the alignment software in order to check the beam alignment. You can do it with the red pointer but that may not be in the same location as the laser.

The attached is from the manual

Donnie Fauber
03-09-2012, 6:58 PM
Thank you Mike. The HPDFO is the only optics I have. I will read the file when i get on home computer. I appreciate your help