View Full Version : Salt and Pepper Shakers like the set made by Brian

Peter Fabricius
03-08-2012, 9:58 PM
Hi All;
I worked on my Cyclone Dust Collector this past week and as you can imagine there were times when I had to wait for the glue to dry. So, I had seen and really liked the Salt and Pepper shakers posted by Brian here on SMC and I made a set.
A clean, neat and efficient design, thanks Brian.

I drilled the "S" and "P" with a 1/16 drill and all the holes are not through holes, only two in the "S".
Need to add more Tung Oil on the Ebony top, it seems to have soaked up more than the Mahogany end grain...
Mahogany bodies, Ebony and Maple bands and top inserts. The plastic plugs fit in 5/8" holes and come from Hydraulic lines used to keep the dirt out of new lines.
Great project and it did use up a little slack time in the shop instead of watching glue dry.....
C&C welcome
Peter F.

Greg Just
03-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Very nice Peter. What did you use for the bottom plug? They don't look like the rubber bungs I have seen.

Roger Chandler
03-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Those are cool Peter! For me, since I like pepper that is course ground, I would need just a tad bigger holes.........so the flow would be pretty generous! I like these!

Dan Hines
03-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Really clean and neat. I like these.

Bernie Weishapl
03-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Those are nice. Like the simple clean form.

Sid Matheny
03-08-2012, 11:25 PM
Looks great Peter as always. I love the Ebony and Maple bands and will have to remember that the next time I make some.

Sid

Brian Brown
03-09-2012, 12:54 AM
These look great Peter. I really like the idea of only some of the holes going clear through.

Peter Fabricius
03-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Hi;
Small holes and only TWO drilled all the way through for the SALT keeps us healthy....

Now, for Roger, you have to keep the SALT usage down BUT, you can drill all the "P" holes through and make them bigger, No Problem. LOL.
Brian you came up with a fantastic design.
Thanks and to Sid, nice to see you here as well as WWF.
Peter F.