PDA

View Full Version : Hickory Donation Piece to be Auctioned for a Local Arts Center

Joe Meirhaeghe
03-08-2012, 9:30 PM
Hickory Vessel 12" tall, 5 3/4" dia.
This is a collaborative piece by myself & Steve Sinner. It's going to be donated to a auction March 30th to raise money for a local Arts Center .
It's finished with acrylic Artist paint & gloss varnish.
226536 226537 226538

Roger Chandler
03-08-2012, 10:21 PM
I really like this form, Joe. Of course, the hickory ain't bad either! Nice work!

Mike Cruz
03-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Joe, what are all those ugly lines and stains in the wood? Couldn't you use something clean and even like pine? :D The wood is beautiful, as well as the form. Best of luck with the auction. I hope it brings the cause lots of dough...

Bernie Weishapl
03-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Great looking piece Joe and some nice looking wood.

James Roberts
03-09-2012, 12:37 AM
That chunk of hickory sure turned into something beautiful, both of you should be proud. I'm betting it will do well at auction.

Bill Bolen
03-09-2012, 1:17 AM
Fine piece Joe. Hope it brings large bids!

Michelle Rich
03-09-2012, 5:41 AM
I've always liked hickory..this piece is especially nice. good luck

John Keeton
03-09-2012, 6:56 AM
Excellent piece, Joe! It will do well, without doubt. You have been kind enough to make several donations to these charities and you are in a unique situation where they do very well. I applaud your work.

Have you ever considered just how much hickory chips/shavings you and Steve have generated over the years??:eek: You may want to consider some type of byproduct business.:D

Joe Meirhaeghe
03-09-2012, 7:34 AM
Excellent piece, Joe! It will do well, without doubt. You have been kind enough to make several donations to these charities and you are in a unique situation w
here they do very well. I applaud your work.

Have you ever considered just how much hickory chips/shavings you and Steve have generated over the years??:eek: You may want to consider some type of byproduct business.:D
Your right John about our Donations, we make several year each. They are very well accepted in our area & have done extremely well for the charities that we donate to. They usually will bring far more than we would retail them for. I wish that was the case for everyone here that takes the time & effort to make pieces for there local charities, unfortunately I know that's not usually the case. I guess we've just been lucky so far.
As for the Hickory Chips I couldn't tell you how many barrels of chips we've made :eek: I often think there should be a market for them for smoking meats. But who has time to mess with that.

Baxter Smith
03-09-2012, 11:37 PM
Great work and I am sure it will bring in a lot! Between the hickory, the paint and the form, it all combines to make some eyecatching work!

Joe Meirhaeghe
03-10-2012, 8:07 AM
Thanks Baxter. I appreciate your comments.

Steve Schlumpf
03-10-2012, 7:55 PM
Nice work Joe! Not used to seeing you guys turn anything this small... was it a cutoff from a bigger piece? Ha Ha

Best of luck with the auction!!

Joe Meirhaeghe
03-10-2012, 8:32 PM
Nice work Joe! Not used to seeing you guys turn anything this small... was it a cutoff from a bigger piece? Ha Ha

Best of luck with the auction!!
Thanks Steve. Believe it or not there is a few smaller hickory's left in Illinois.;) But I'm hoping I live long enough to get them turned before my time is up.:eek:

Ken Glass
03-10-2012, 8:51 PM
Joe,
Wonderful piece. The colors are super and the form is great as well. Nice work.

Joe Meirhaeghe
03-10-2012, 9:06 PM
Joe,
Wonderful piece. The colors are super and the form is great as well. Nice work.
Thanks Ken. & Congrats on your up coming gallery show.