PDA

View Full Version : couple of questions for users of the excalibur blade guard

Brent Grooms
03-08-2012, 3:55 PM
Did you mount the bracket flush with your extension table? Did you have any problems in doing so? I am mounting to my contractors saw and I will have to do some pretty serious modifications to mount it flush. Additionally, did you do any improvising with the lower two "strut" attachments? I have a built in storage cabinet that winds up being in the way to use the mounting structure as provided, so again.. I need to improvise and could use some ideas.

Thanks!

Rod Sheridan
03-08-2012, 4:26 PM

Hi, this is the older design however I attached the support post to my mobile base so that I didn't need the diagonal braces. The open space in the stand had a storage cabinet in it.........Rod.

Brent Grooms
03-08-2012, 6:27 PM
Thanks for the picts Rod, so far from the posts on this and other forums, omitting the diag. braces seems to be common, the mounting bracket (on the newer model) still seems to be a bit up in the air. I wouldnt think that its vertical location would have any bearing on how it operates.

Steve Kohn
03-09-2012, 12:54 PM
I have the same older model as Rod. I wasn't worried about having my saw on the mobile base. Mine is mounted to the end table as is Rod's, however I've added a floor flange and bolted that to the floor. If I want to move the saw I'll need to unbolt the flange. I've also added a pull out shelf in the space under the extension table. That's where my mortiser lives when not in use.

I've also made one additional modification to my Excalibur. I've added a pivot point between the arm and the support post. That allows me to pivot the entire guard out of the way if needed.