PDA

View Full Version : Corel color handing - reducing color ranges such as lots of greens into one green?

john banks
03-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Slightly different to the other questions so a new thread...

If I have a vector drawing in Corel and it is made up of a variety of colors, I know I can search and replace individual colors. Can I do something which takes a range of colors (say pale to bright green) and then apply one color to them to effectively collapse down a complex shaded vector into something flatter?

Can I also do the same with a bitmap?

Does anyone have any tips on recoloring in Corel generally?

In the old days when you had a paletted bitmap with say 16 or 32 colors you could just change them and everything in the drawing that color would change. Now it seems that palettes have a more tenuous link with the image which is 24 bit RGB typically and quite difficult to manage sensibly I find.

Mike Null
03-08-2012, 11:41 AM
John

I think the answer to your first question is to select object then the uniform fill tool and move the slider to the approximate color then move the box to whatever shade you want.

Steven Cox
03-09-2012, 1:21 AM
Have you tried Copy Properties From ?

You can select multiple objects by either individual or marquee selection, then select from the main menu Edit > Copy Properties From click Fill from the options shown then click on another object that you want to copy the fill from. This also works where objects have a gradient fill and vise versa. And its great for changing text properties too changing multiple blocks of text to one format.

john banks
03-09-2012, 4:46 AM
Thanks, very helpful hints that I'll try.