PDA

View Full Version : mudsale anyone?

curtis rosche
03-07-2012, 8:05 PM
just curious if any members are coming to the largest mudsale on the east coast this saturday?
figured i would ask so i can make sure no one from here bids against me :D

Matt Meiser
03-07-2012, 8:18 PM
Not me. It's been so wet here I already have all the mud I need.

curtis rosche
03-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Not me. It's been so wet here I already have all the mud I need.

not actual mud. its an annual fire company auction that just always seems to happen when there is mud on the ground. they sell everything from food to amish made quilts to farm equipment to a large number of woodworking machines to tons of tools and odd and ends, even livestock

Dan Hintz
03-08-2012, 6:35 AM
I'm glad you said what it was, because I can't imagine anyone not within 20 miles of your location would have a clue what you were talking about.

Van Huskey
03-08-2012, 7:51 AM
I'm glad you said what it was, because I can't imagine anyone not within 20 miles of your location would have a clue what you were talking about.

But the almighty GOOGLE did but google is omnipresent...

Myk Rian
03-08-2012, 8:39 AM
I'm with Matt. We have enough mud around here.

curtis rosche
03-08-2012, 8:49 AM

sorry, i always forget that.

the mudsales are how the local firecompanies get most of their income for the year depending on the size. local buisnesses and people donated things to be sold. band new dewalt tools can be had for $20, i bought a lathe for $125 last year, tablesaws have been known to go for $50..

its almost like a best of craigslist deals for the machinery. ive seen 1920 old iron 9ft bandsaws go for $15 simple because no one wanted ""that old thing""

Matt Meiser
03-08-2012, 8:50 AM
I did take some large clumps of mine to central Ohio a couple weeks ago. Much to the chagrin of the jerk tailgating me on I-70 east of Columbus. When the first fell off from somewhere underneath and "exploded" on the freeway he decided to back off. Couldn't have timed it better if I'd tried. :D

Dan Hintz
03-08-2012, 9:52 AM
Curtis... do you have an address/time, a link, etc. for this sale? If I'm not too tied up, I may take a drive...

curtis rosche
03-08-2012, 12:15 PM
gordonville pa. http://www.gordonvillefc.com/sale.html

let me know if you come Dan, i can show you my lathe shop,