PDA

View Full Version : 1/4" Lumber supply in Toronto/GTA/Ontario/Canada

Khalid Nazim
03-07-2012, 1:59 PM
I have small home based business for Laser Cutting and Engraving in Markham, Ontario. Some of the products that I am making require 1/4" lumber. I have been trying to find a source in Canada for the supply of 1/4" resawn/finished lumber, but it seems that there isn't any :( I am sure that there are but I cannot find them. Fellow Creeker, George Perzel has been kind enough to send some pieces from US but it was a painful process for him and expensive for me. I also ordered some 1/4 thick pieces from Ocooch Lumber in US but the cost of shipment and customs clearance made it quite expensive.I tried to get lumber resawn at the local lumber mills but they would not do it until I ordered a lot of lumber from them. So do you guys know of sources in Canada who definitely supply 1/4" lumber like George or Ocooch? Or should I just arrange a setup myself?

Regards
Khalid

Rod Sheridan
03-07-2012, 2:49 PM
Hi Khalid, contact Century Mill in Stoufville...........Rod.

Khalid Nazim
03-07-2012, 3:29 PM
Hi Rod,

Century Mill was the first one I contacted and they refused to resaw for me. They said that they can put the 1" thick lumber in the planar and give me 1/4" piece ! Any other suggestions?

Rod Sheridan
03-07-2012, 7:44 PM
Hi Khalid, what sizes/species/quantities do you use each month?

Perhaps someone on the forum could supply it for you?

Regards, Rod.