PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Help Needed on 1442

John Altberg
03-05-2012, 10:00 PM
I would like to add an auxilliary switch to my Jet 1442. This must be pretty easy, but I do not want to guess as to the correct procedure. I am coming up short on web and "Creek" searches. Can anyone point me in the right direction? (I just know it is going to be a "DUH" moment when someone replies!)

Bill Bolen
03-06-2012, 12:13 PM
John the 1442 is probably the simpliest to add a remote stop switch to. I used an old table saw switch for mine. It had two wires going into the switch. One was a female to which I plugged the 1442 into. The other wire going out was a male which plugs into the wall. You could use just a plain old on/off switch to do the same. To work both switches need to be in the on position and either switch will turn it off. I leave mine mounted into the tailstock.

John Altberg
03-06-2012, 9:40 PM
Thanks so much for your help, Bill. In my mind, I needed to get into the existing switch. Never occurred to me to add an in-line switch on the supply side! Oh, and BTW, DUH!!!

Regards,

John

Bill Bolen
03-06-2012, 11:50 PM
Glad it worked out for you John...and believe me I certainly understand the Duh! Been there more than once of late.:D