PDA

View Full Version : more firewood

charlie knighton
03-05-2012, 3:54 PM
we had some wind today, nothing compared to mid us though

Jerry Marcantel
03-05-2012, 9:21 PM
Bummer, Charlie... Now you need to cut it up.. Looks like it didn't harm the house........ Jerry (in Tucson)

charlie knighton
03-05-2012, 10:49 PM
not much damage, Jerry, looks like the plywood on underhang is broken below where tree landed, which leads me to believe the plywood under the shingles is probably broke, the last tree i saw on house, they had a crane to take it off, they will have some shingles to replace, not sure how much, have not heard from adjuster, but would you believe they tell me one (adjuster) will call me in an hour, i started calling at noon and talked to three other rep after dinner, made pictures, had local newspaper come out, best thing i had is rep told me i do not have to have adjuster see the tree before i get it off roof, should be interesting.....but i could do without all this

Nathan Hawkes
03-06-2012, 8:11 PM
Sorry to hear of your troubles, Charlie! Not good, but I'm glad that no one was hurt, and that the damage wasn't worse. What kind of tree is it?

Cory Norgart
03-06-2012, 9:26 PM
I think there will be alot of turning goin on..... Glad no one was hurt or considerable damage.......

charlie knighton
03-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Nathan, its maple, got some ambrosia in it, 72 feet long and 42 inches wide at base, i got so much wood right now, i am only going to keep one slice of trunk, thinking of dropping a couple more trees that have potential of disturbing my sleep......those guys knew what they were doing, i was scared they were going to need a crane

Steve Vaughan
03-06-2012, 10:19 PM
That was a lot bigger tree than the picture looked like. Glad it was minimal damage.

Jon McElwain
03-07-2012, 12:10 AM
That was a lot bigger tree than the picture looked like. Glad it was minimal damage.

I'll say! I had guessed it at around 20"! Amazing it didn't just keep going down - you either have one seriously tough roof, or that tree had a nice slow gentle descent.