PDA

View Full Version : Eye candy

steven c newman
03-05-2012, 9:14 AM
Just the first coat of finish on a couple planes i am re-doing226272226273226274Blades for the second and third one are being sharpened up. Will be back for a "Family Portrait" later. Even the backsaws got a bit of finish, since I had the "Witch's Brew" out:226275and a screwdriver that was unlucky enough to be around at the time..226276 just something "nice" to look at this Monday Morning...:D

steven c newman
03-05-2012, 10:54 AM
All the above got a first coat. I'll come back later on and add a second coat. Won't be as shiny as that #33 from H-F, but they will be users, anyway. Handsaws are oak handled, planes are Black Walnut. That screwdriver??????

Terry Beadle
03-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Speaking of "eye candy", the phrase "You suck!" seems to apply ! Hoot!

Nice planes. I think that what I think is a number 7 looks really prime.

Stock blades? or did you go for a Hock/LN/LV hot blade?

Congratulations ! Those all look like great partners in the shop.

There must be some story behind those two saws. Did you find them in a deal qualifying for gloat points?

steven c newman
03-05-2012, 11:03 AM
The "Big Guy" is a Bailey #8c, type 9 ( bought it for $25, and restored) Stock blades on the big guy, and the #3 defiance, #4 sized one got a Buck Brothers blade. Those backsaws used to have black, PLASTIC handles on them. The only "gloat" worthy deal was that bailey. I bought a rust-bucket for $25 at a Thrift Store here in town. I then restored the old guy to what he is today.