PDA

View Full Version : Bosch PS60-1A vs PS60-2A ?

Larry Schwenk
03-05-2012, 6:45 AM
I saw at Lowes the PS60-1A cordless jigsaw which I almost purchased to add to my 12volt set; until I ran my little iphone app and it could not find the barcode. I typed in the name and it came back with the PS60-2A model. Same thing? I ask the worker there and he said the 2A model was the same but just had 2 amp batteries???

The Bosch website has nothing on the 1A model. Is the 1A model the exact same thing, just made for sale at Lowes? Or is there a difference?

Van Huskey
03-05-2012, 7:05 AM
You are correct in that I can't find anything on the 1A. My guess is that it is provided to Lowes in order that they don't HAVE to match a price for it if they don't want to, many large retailers get lots of items such as electronics that have a different model number so they don't have to match. Then it is also possible it does have some subtle differences. Gut tells me I wouldn't be concerned but you can probably get it shipped to you for cheaper anyway from a bunch of diffrent places on the web.

Larry Schwenk
03-05-2012, 8:38 AM
Mystery solved. Just talked with Michelle as Bosch;

The PS60-1A is the exact same tool (and battery) as the PS60-2A. The 1A "box" was just marketed for Lowe's.

Mark Ashmeade
03-05-2012, 9:15 AM
You had me worried there for a minute. I bought a Bosch JSH180, thinking it was their only cordless jigsaw, and it was none too cheap, as it takes the 18V Litheons. When I saw this, I thought "oh no!". I have 6 other 12V Litheon tools, so this would have been great. However, it's a recip saw, not a jigsaw.

Ed Labadie
03-05-2012, 9:29 AM
FWIW, I've had the PS60 for a while now. Excellent tool, even the battery life really suprised me.

Ed