PDA

View Full Version : Corel X4 Color Palette

George M. Perzel
03-05-2012, 4:59 AM
Hi Gang;
I am using Coreldraw X4. I have a cdr open which has a bitmap with three colors. I want to use the same colors for other objects. How can I add the colors to my palette? Thanks
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Steven Cox
03-05-2012, 8:50 AM
Firstly you'll need to know what the colour is. Use the Eyedropper tool from the main Toolbar and click on a colour in the image. In the righthand bottom of the screen you shoud then see what the colour is, so you'll need make a note if it.

To add it to a palette from the Main Menu go to:
Window > Color Palettes > Palette Editor

From the Dropdown select the palatte you want to add or edit

Click the Add Color Button, and then go to the Mixers tab and select the appropriate model. Then mix the colour in the Components section. You can try to give the colour a title in the Name box but if the color is from a standard palette corel will rename it the standard colour. Then click Add to Palette.

After adding the new colour, if Corel renames it you can edit the name just by typying your new name in the Name box and click OK.

Hope this helps

Rudy Ress
03-05-2012, 8:51 AM
Hi George,
Go to Tools, Palette Editor, add color. You will get a new screen called select color. There is a eyedropper icon, click on it and move to the color you want on the picture. Left click on the color, then "add to palette."

Steven Cox
03-05-2012, 9:18 AM
Hi Rudy, it would be nice and quicker if you could do it that way but the Eyedropper isn't available in X4 like you described at least not in my version of X4.

Perhaps Corel is up to its ussual tricks by taking out features in some versions, waiting a couple of years and reintroducing them as new features. Over the years I've seen this happen many times.

Rudy Ress
03-05-2012, 9:24 AM
Thanks for the correction Steven. Didn't have X4, but thought it was the same.

George,
Also you can crease a whole new custom palette rather than adding to the existing one by clicking on the "new Palette" icon in the palette editor (top line, next to the current palette chosen). Assuming it is the same in X4 as X5.

George M. Perzel
03-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Steve-thanks-was aware of that method but was hoping there was an easier solution. Found a macro addin for X4 called DocPal that when run provides a Document Palette as in X5 but it doesn't work on bitmaps.
Rudy-thanks-Steve is right-no eyedropper there in X4. Also no " new palette" in Palette Editor for X4.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Mike Null
03-05-2012, 10:25 AM
George

open the bitmap in draw and move the eyedropper tool over the color. At the top tool bar you will be given options to add to the palette.

Steven Cox
03-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Also no " new palette" in Palette Editor for X4

Hi George, actually there is but its an icon not a button (see attached).

I have a custom palette that I use for lasering that way each new colour/process I add in my Laser Software is easy to access. I name the just colours to define the process. I'd show you an example but its on my other PC at present, perhaps another time if your interested.

George M. Perzel
03-05-2012, 1:50 PM
Steve-OK-see it now-thanks
Mike-I'm missing something-opened bitmap, selected color with dropper-only things at top are "sample color", sample size, and Select from Desktop. Are you in X4 or X5?
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Mike Null
03-05-2012, 2:59 PM
George

I'm in X5. The options it gives are relative to the palettes that are open. It gives you the option to add to the document palette or, in my case, the rgb palette as that's what I have open.

Sorry, I forgot you are in X4.