PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt jigsaw (gloat) and question

Bud Duffy
04-26-2003, 11:24 PM
I bought a Dewalt dw321k at my local tool store for $75 is this a good deal, the case looks used but the saw looks brand new. The question is i put a blade in it and try to use it and the blade pops out . It looks pretty straight forward to me turn the handle on top insert the blade turn the handle back in line and go to it. Am i missing something here or what?

Kirk (KC) Constable
04-27-2003, 8:40 AM
Once you get the blade to stay in, make sure it will cut square to the base. I fiddled with a DeWalt for several hours one day before I returned it...

KC

Ken Salisbury
04-27-2003, 9:13 AM
I have one Bud and had a similiar problem. The instructions in the manual for changing blades need to be followed carefully. I really can't describe in words how to do it since I am so senile - I don't remember. I just tinkel with it until I get it right. As I remember it had something to do with the amount of rotation applied to the knob. Wish I could help you more -- if you still have a problem give Dewalt tech support a call.

Bob Powers
04-27-2003, 7:36 PM
I had the same problem with the same saw. Sent it to their service center twice, spent $90 on it, it still didn't work. Drove 120 miles to service center in order to get their attention. Went back three hours later, saw was fixed, has worked fine ever since. They told me I had been using the wrong blades all along. I still use the same blades and they work just fine.

Charles McKinley
04-27-2003, 10:42 PM
First turn pull up the handle and make sure that it is turned all the way to unlocked. Push the blade all the way up in. Turn the handle to the lock side until it clicks at least three (3) times. I have the DeWalt cordless and had the same problems. It gets better as you use it. I also prefer Bosch blades. Worlds better than DW IMHO.

Dale Thompson
04-27-2003, 11:20 PM
Bud,
Pull the black tightening handle UP and turn it "counterclockwise" to loosen the "collet". Insert your blade (if the blade fits, it really doesn't matter who made it) and hold the saw upside down while turning the tightening handle "clockwise". The tightening handle should still be "away" from the body of the saw. Turn until you get a noticeable resistance and then push the tightening handle back toward the saw until it "seats". Try it a few times until it gets easy.

My problem with the saw is getting out a blade segment which has broken off inside the "collet".
I've found that backing off the "collet" to the maximum is not the answer. If you are as dumb as I am and break off a blade, back the tightening handle off to the maximum and then give it about one full turn in the clockwise direction. The segment will normally just fall out. :D

Dale T. (This asylum will NOT hold me FOREVER!!):o

Bud Duffy
04-27-2003, 11:49 PM
Thanks for all the heip guys i apreciate it.

Charles McKinley
04-29-2003, 12:01 PM
Dale,

My comment on blades was on the quality of the cut, not on how well they are held. I had a problem with the bosch blades pulling out when the saw was new also. It has gotten better with use.

Thanks for the tip on getting out broken off blades! It is only a matter of time till I do it.