PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, I just gave up....

steven c newman
03-04-2012, 11:52 AM
on shaping totes by hand, that is. I got a beltsander out ( GASP! A POWERED TOOL?) and got the totes shaped a lot faster. Yes I tried the rasps, spokeshave, a knife routines. Not quite the way I wanted to work....Anyway, a look at the "Sanding Center" ( you "pure" neanders, close your eyes) 226120clamped to what serves as a bench in the basement. I lock the "ON" buttom on, so i can use both hands on the piece of wood I'm trying to sand/shape. I like that small front wheel, it can get into tightly curved areas like on my totes. Speaking of which, how about a look at the "after' effects of this operation? ( some of you can open your eyes again, power tool is gone)226121226122226123Top views, #5 pattern for the bailey #8c, and a #3-4 pattern for one of the smaller planes. And a look at them on their "rides"226124 A #3 and a #4 with new totes. #3 has a big knob that fits my hand better. #4 ( ex-Great Neck #1) has a "high " knob. That MAY get a re-work order, too bleeding skinny...:D

Leigh Betsch
03-04-2012, 1:04 PM
As long as you have the power tools out you might try The Lee Valley Round Over Router Bit 16J40.10 just made for handles. I have one, of course I'd never tell any one that I use it.

Jerome Hanby
03-04-2012, 1:12 PM
As long as you have the power tools out you might try The Lee Valley Round Over Router Bit 16J40.10 just made for handles. I have one, of course I'd never tell any one that I use it.

What a great idea!

Jim Neeley
03-04-2012, 4:59 PM

Leigh,

Could I get a copy of the plans for your treadle-router? I *know* tails wouldn't be involved with *you* any more than they would for *me*! :D

<Muttering to self> How many routers do I have?? 1.. 2.. 3.. darn, lost count!

Jim

James Owen
03-05-2012, 12:13 AM
Non-Neanderthal Heretics!!!!!! :D

Leigh Betsch
03-05-2012, 9:12 AM
Quite down, you guys are gonna blow my cover.